Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

TDEE - 20% method and Fitbit

Is it possible to use the 2 methods together...in otherwords...can I sync my FB AND still do the TDEE - 20% or will it screw it all up? I log all my exercise but ignore it and still eat at my calorie goal (never eating the calories back because they're included in the TDEE) because I like to see that I have met my daily/weekly exercise goals. I need the visual and marking the exercise as 1 calorie burned doesn't really give me that even though I write in the notes. Anyway...will syncing F that all up?

Replies

• bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    it will be ok, just keep in your mind your goals , and follow through ..
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Any other opinions on this? I want to make sure before I sync it.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    I too am doing the Tdee- 20% method and using my fitbit ...... I just sync my fitbit late at night (instead of logging it after I exercise) I hope that helps
  • fruitloop2
    I too am doing the Tdee- 20% method and using my fitbit ...... I just sync my fitbit late at night (instead of logging it after I exercise) I hope that helps

What does that do? Today will be my first day of a full day wearing the FB so it will be interesting to see what it says I burn in a day...especially a day that I'm not working but doing things around the house. At the moment I don't have the 2 synced...still waiting for more opinions on it...but I was trying to log my food over on FB and find their food data sucks. The calorie counts are off on the products and I'm finding it hard to find the brand/product that I'm eating so I have to take a wild guess/find something close and/or tweek things (say I ate more than I did so it will equal the right calorie amount) to make the calories more accurate. I imagine that if I do sync it that will be fixed though. Also, it is saying I can eat more than what i have burned...so far anyway. I'm also guessing because the is half over, it is guestimating that that is how much i have for the day and it's assuming I'm going to burn more calories still...since I have 9 hours until midnight.
  • Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    Sync it and change your calories burned goal on fitbit to your tdee. Continue to log additional exercise on MFP. This will help give you an idea how close your calories burned in day are to your estimated tdee.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    well since I dont eat my calories back doing the tdee-20% method I sync in the late evenings.... Also I track my food on MFP and when I was logging my exercise calories I was logging them on the fitbit site.....tdee-20% method you dont include exercise calories ...hope that makes more sense
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    My FB is synced...I just dont eat past my actual goal because i dont eat back exercise calories.
  • fruitloop2
    well since I dont eat my calories back doing the tdee-20% method I sync in the late evenings.... Also I track my food on MFP and when I was logging my exercise calories I was logging them on the fitbit site.....tdee-20% method you dont include exercise calories ...hope that makes more sense

Ya, I don't eat mine back either, I just like to have the record in the exercise goal so I know I've reached/exceeded my goals. I manually calculate (my total calories - exercise calories = my manually set calorie goal to eat (which is TDEE - 20%) ) what I have left to eat so I don't eat the exercise calories. So you didn't log your exercise at all on MFP? Just let it record on the FB site?

Ugh, I guess I'll just sync it and see what happens.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    that is correct I do not log my exercise on MFP ...since I eat around the same # of calories or try too .... its just easier for me to sync the fitbit at night before I go to bed ...that way my steps will be included in the weekly