Water weight?

LilMissAngi
LilMissAngi Posts: 127
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok so yesterday morning I weighed in at 196.4 and this morning I weighed in at 198.

I know I shouldn't weigh myself every morning, but I can't help it... I plan on putting my scale out in the garage or somewhere I hardly go. So itll be a pain to weigh in and I won't do it until I have to.

but anyways I was just curious if it was water weight. I managed to drink 8 8oz of water yesterday, I did not drink anything else. I also went over my sodium limit by a lot. Now I don't normally drink 8 8oz everyday, yesterday was the first day but not the last!

I have a feeling that it is water weight. Since I don't normally drink that much, my body could be holding onto it. I haven't really had to pee much.

So I just thought Id share and hopefully I could be right. Let me know what you think!

Thanks!

Replies

• superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Its probably water weight not from drinking water, but from the sodium. You should drink even more water today to flush out your system. Remember, to gain a real pound of fat, you need to eat an extra 3500 calories. Don't stress too much.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Definitely keep drinking more water. Drink at LEAST 8 8 oz glasses of water per day. That shouldn't be your max. The more you drink, the more you will have to pee. If you're drinking a lot and not peeing, you need to see a doctor.
  • I always put weight on the day after having any high sodium food. Chinese and Indian meals are the usual culprits for me.
  • kspeach
    kspeach Posts: 179 Member
    Cassie,
    That helps me too. My weight is fluctuating so much.

But right now, I'm measuring by how I feel...and I feel BETTER!
  • wendytobin
    wendytobin Posts: 208
    hi i have been on MFP for 1 month now and i weigh myself everyday, i know i shouldnt but its just habit and to see how i am going though the week, dont worry about the gain of the pounds it will fluctate on a daily basis, others told me on MFP if i couldnt bare to see the ups and downs on the scales on a daily basis then dont do it, but i have got used to it and will just log my weight once a week.
    it could also be if your body is not used to drinking loads of water, this could possibly be retaining some until it gets used to it.
    keep up the good work, all the best
This discussion has been closed.