I need support.

Hi there, I'm Amy and I'm 22.

I'm looking to lose about 70lbs. This is the 2nd account I've made on this site (deleted the first because I stopped using it) and I could really use some support this time round.
I recently went to buy a pair of jeans, I bought my usual size - 16... and when I got them home, I couldn't even fasten them... it wasn't a case of being them tight, no matter how much wriggling around on my back I did... they did not fasten.

I'm so determined to get myself motivated and lose some weight now, especially in time for Summer.

I'm here to support anyone that needs it - I'm available online or via texts in the UK.

I'm 5ft 4in.
I'm roughly around 220lbs (will weigh myself on Monday, but it's not far off)
My goal weight is 150lbs.

Replies

• Ev_Ah
    Ev_Ah Posts: 3 Member
    Hey I am looking for support too!! I like using this tool but I tend to slack off but when I am on point I do see the difference and it really works! I need the help because my work schedule is a bit busy but my health should come first and I miss fitting into all my pretty close its heartbreaking so any positive support is welcome!! Add me as a friend!!!

Our goals are pretty much the same i'm 5'3" 220lbs and my best weight was 150 I was comfortable confident and active!
  • First, thank you for the friendship. You are not alone. I spent several yrs "wanting" to lose weight (I have deleted many accounts in my day) but now it's becoming a reality. I am determined also.

As for exercise not sure what you enjoy or have available but all moves count. When I realized I was trying to go from 0 to 100% I realized thats not realistic. My little sporadic activity has been adding up. I may not do 3 sets of lifting weights but just doing 1 set adds up. I can't always do a proper squat (due to a fussy knee) but I'll do what I can, 5, 7 maybe 10 when my knee "lets" me. I can tell it's making a difference in my leg muscles. Jumping jacks, a few minutes on a rebounder brings your heart rate up.

After all that, my point is don't overwhelm yourself. Every little bit counts! Feel free to message me to chat more. We can do this!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member

I'm looking to lose about 70lbs. This is the 2nd account I've made on this site (deleted the first because I stopped using it) and I could really use some support this time round.
    I recently went to buy a pair of jeans, I bought my usual size - 16... and when I got them home, I couldn't even fasten them... it wasn't a case of being them tight, no matter how much wriggling around on my back I did... they did not fasten.

I'm so determined to get myself motivated and lose some weight now, especially in time for Summer.

I'm here to support anyone that needs it - I'm available online or via texts in the UK.

I'm 5ft 4in.

I have about 40 pounds to go and have a pair of jeans I can't zip either, but believe me, I'm going to fit in them this summer. Exercise, be kind to yourself, and think of yourself as a thin person. You're on your way.
  • Hi,Im Jen. Looking for support too. I am bigger than you at around 270lbs so wanting (and needing!) to lose about 100lbs, so scary! I have spent years doing fad diets and then giving up and over eating and also have a dodgy thyroid which has helped to take things way out of control along with my appalling willpower! Im about to turn 25 and don't want to spend another year fat!

What are you guys doing to lose the weight? Im currently on a soup and veg diet just to kick me up the bum and get me into the weightloss mind frame and then Im going to give the 5:2 a go
  • SassyMom23
    SassyMom23 Posts: 112 Member
    I'm 5'3" and just started MFP again at the beginning of April. My starting weight was 199 (down to 194). I am looking at losing about 70lbs also. Support is great to have, sending a request. Anyone feel free to add me too!!
  • Hello everyone.

I told myself after I headed for the coffee pot this morning that I needed something better for myself in the mornings. I'm telling myself to wake up and the very first thing do a stretch and a few minutes of light cardio. I do not have any set "healthy" habits and need to incorporate some.

Would anyone like to join in? 5 toe touches then raising arms to the sky and 10 high knees?

It's simple, doesn't take much time and our bodies would appreciate it. We can do this for a week then add a few more to each and take turns choosing exercises.
  • Imigen04
    Imigen04 Posts: 112 Member
    Hi I'm 26 and have two children :) started way to young have a 10yo lil girl and 8yo lil boy. I started my weight loss adventure in February this year and was at my highest of 193 lbs and am currently at 162 lbs but I need to get healthy for me and for my family. It is no good having my children not getting to play with me because I'm to tired or winded or because I have arthritis that hurts from all the weight I have on. I'm only 5'0.

Any friends wanted to support and to give support to and hopefully make friends not only for this journey but hopefully for a lifetime :)
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'll do my best to help and motivate!
  • lauramcconnell7535
    lauramcconnell7535 Posts: 33 Member
    you can add me, support from others going through the same process is so valuable, would love to have you as a friend
  • siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    We are very similar! I am 5'0" and began this time at 208. If I can help you, I'm willing. I'd love to be motivation buddies with you. The first thing I would suggest is water, water, water! After that, drink some water! It helped me in several ways- cured constipation, I sleep more restfully (but have to get up to pee!), and am not fatigued like I used to be. Take care and keep up the good work!
  • siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    Hi,Im Jen. Looking for support too. I am bigger than you at around 270lbs so wanting (and needing!) to lose about 100lbs, so scary! I have spent years doing fad diets and then giving up and over eating and also have a dodgy thyroid which has helped to take things way out of control along with my appalling willpower! Im about to turn 25 and don't want to spend another year fat!

What are you guys doing to lose the weight? Im currently on a soup and veg diet just to kick me up the bum and get me into the weightloss mind frame and then Im going to give the 5:2 a go

Hi Jen. Don't bother doing another diet. Make lifestyle changes that you can live with permanently. Water, exercise, and good, real food. I'm 58, and started this time at 208. I'm working toward a 40 pound loss this calendar year. I drink about 10 glasses of water daily, and walk with my dog and ride my bike. Sometimes when I feel like it I do some weight lifting to tone my arms, which are really gross! I am lucky that I live in the tropics, so there's tons of lovely fruit and vegetables available year round. Most of my meals are veggie based, and I eat fruit for snacks. Please add me as a friend if you think I can help support you.
  • grandmastime
    grandmastime Posts: 57 Member
    You are so not alone, as I started at 160 lbs, which don,t seem tobad to some. It is devistating to me. I tryed forca year to take it off seeing only little weight loss. I went to drs. And had every test run you could think of. Nothing seemed wrong except my hormones were out of wack. I took aclass to natural healing figured out what vitamin and minerals I needed and now the weight to comng off. That was. 6 weeks ago I started at 160. And now at 146 . And me and I wil suprt you
  • KatManx
    KatManx Posts: 168 Member
    Hi All,
    Here for support if you need it, so feel free to add me. I have lost 53lbs to date and deparately trying to loose the last 9lbs

Kat
  • xTJSx
    xTJSx Posts: 106
    Feel free to add me ... I too am over 220lbs and want to get down to 150lb too ! I need all the help and support I can get as I am very despondent today !
  • Stay positive- I was in the same boat as a matter of fact I'm still in the same boat. I started my diet off by cut out all starchy foods. ALL OF THEM...I also cut out SODA and replaced it with Sobe Life Waters. I eliminated the following foods from my along with the starches: Carrots, Banana's, Beets, Oranges all these turn to sugar once the are digested. I stopped eating all canned foods. I only eat Chicken, Fish, Turkey and on occasion I will have ground lean beef. I also stopped eating red meat. I will tell you I started eating every morning Oatmeal (plain) and I add Life-way Kefir to it for flavor...just discipline yourself and have faith in yourself it can be done. I've lost 41 lbs so far and my goal is also 150 lbs..,

Terrilyn Watson
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Hi Amy,

I'm a little older (37) and heavier (235lbs) than you but my goal weight (150lbs) is the same. And I'm in the same time zone LOL. I'm usually around somewhere during the day if you need a virtual kick in the rear! Feel free to add me (anyone else who wants to too!)

Geina
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Hey Amy,

I'm 20, and just August I was 197lbs and a size 16 (UK as well). I knew something had to change. Now I am a comfortable size 10, verging on towards a size 8. I am always looking for people to motivate as I enjoy a good chat and I like to make an impression on my friends. :-) I am currently 148.4lbs and working my way down to 130lbs at 5'4.

Feel free to add me!
  • Einahhh
    Einahhh Posts: 139
    I'm in a similar boat to you - I'm at the very start of my journey and I'm wanting to lose quite a bit of weight (around 90lbs, I think). If you want to add me, I'll support you and change my lifestyle right beside you :)
  • donna1432
    donna1432 Posts: 87 Member
    I totally understand about support I was too a size 14/16 and am now size 4 YOU can do it friend req me ;) Ill help you watch your food logins too :) its been a four year journey but well worth it!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member

I'm 5ft 4in.

Hi!
    I'm Krista. I know how you feel, I was right there with you.

I'm 5'3.5 (that half an inch is VERY important!! haha)
    In August 2012, I weighed in at 220, probably higher though. I'm now down between 175 and 177 - the scale and I are having a disagreement at the moment..
    I was in a size 16 jean, and the pants I recently bought were an 11, but I think they could have been smaller.

Send me a friend request, if you want! (my only "thing".. if sending a request, can you add a message, please;) Thanks!)