Ground Turkey Recipes.

Options
belldandy1
belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
I have 1 pound of ground turkey. I am planning to make a chili recipe that calls for half of the turkey. What should I make with the other half of the turkey? Thanks guys!

Replies

• BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I used ground turkey the same way I used to use hamburger meat.....You can make a turkey burger....I had an awesome one yesterday, a taco salad, spaghetti, stuffed bell peppers....etc. I hope that helps......
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    the Hungry Girl cookbook has a great recipe for Ground Turkey Taco Meatloaf...sounds crazy but its actually REALLY good!
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    tacos, spaghetti, mini-burgers, or anything else that normally uses ground beef. :)
  • txyogalover
    txyogalover Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Can you give directions on the ground turkey stuffed bell pepper? That sounds great.
  • lazygirllosesweight
    Options
    Southwest Sloppy Joes

yields 4 joes (give or take -- I always seem to have more than that)

- 2 tsp. olive oil
    - 1 large onion, diced
    - 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
    - 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
    - 1 tsp. chili powder
    - 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
    - 3/4 lb. ground turkey
    - 1, 7-oz can Mexican style corn, drained and rinsed
    - 1 1/2 c. medium chunky salsa

1. Warm the oil in a skillet. Add onion, garlic, and jalapeno. Cook until tender.
    2. Add ground turkey, cook thoroughly.
    3. Add chili powder, oregano, corn, and salsa. Warm through.

I sometimes put this on those Orowheat sandwich flats. Or over rice.

The first time I saw the recipe I thought it was going to be bland or gross. But it's SO good. It's one of my favorite recipes. DEFINITELY my favorite ground turkey recipe.
  • Samoa_Moni
    Samoa_Moni Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This recipe was absolutely delicious, my first time cooking in 3 months since I broke my leg and my husband sat back full and satisfied at the dinner table patting his stomach and telling me that I didn't lose my touch. Hahaha. Thank you for sharing, it's our new favorite.=)
  • Ladeejulz
    Ladeejulz Posts: 56
    Options
    Keeping this recipe!! thanks!
  • helsabot
    helsabot Posts: 1
    Options
    Turkey and Cheddar Burgers! Really easy to make. Here's the recipe I use, http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1641,128178-250192,00.html
  • georgette70
    georgette70 Posts: 158
    Options
    Just bought ground turkey today!! Thanks for the ideas! :smile:
  • peggy60
    peggy60 Posts: 40
    Options
    this sounds really good...will try it!