Anyone else pregnant using MFP?

Options
I started using MFP before getting pregnant and was doing well. After I found out I was pregnant I stopped because there don't seem to be any settings to account for pregnancy. I am currently 31weeks and was just diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes, so I am back on MFP to keep track of what I eat and the carbs, calories, fats, etc to turn into my doctor. Anyone else facing pregnancy, complications, or anything that wants a support friend, give/recieve advise, recipies and just general encouragement? I plan to keep using MFP after delivery to get my weight back under control and have a healthier lifestyle. For me its not a "diet" its a lifestyle change in the way I eat and exercise. I want to be around for a long time for my kids and be able to keep up with all of them :)

Replies

• soontobemomma
    Options
    Hi there!!
    I was about to post a new topic when I found yours :) I have just joined MFP and I am 23 weeks pregnant. I was obese to begin with. My last visit to the doctor didn't go well. I was told I had prehypertension and diastolic notch in both the uterine arteries which means that I can develop full on hypertension soon. Also I have mild oligohydramnios which means slightly less amniotic fluid.
    I am so scared about my baby! This is my first pregnancy and I am so determined to be healthy. Earlier I wanted to be this thin and to reach a particular size but right now I JUST WANT TO BE HEALTHY! I can always fine tune afterwards :)
    I know this is not easy thing and specially when you are pregnant. My body is so achy that I find it hard to do simple chores but I am trying to be as active as possible and really eating healthy. But I do not want to take chances and that's why I have joined this site so that I can keep track of what I am doing and meet like minded people. I am not giving up this time. Even if I have to take baby steps but I am not quitting.
    Oh and my name is Isha and I am sending you a friend request. :)
  • t_welch11
    t_welch11 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Im 31 weeks pregnant and was just diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes. This is my 3rd pregnancy, but my first with GD. I was also overwight before getting pregnant, tho I was dieting/exercising to drop some weight, but I was still 230 pre-pregnancy and I am up to 276 now, Im 5'7" so it puts me very overweight. But Im using MFP to keep track of my food intakes for my nutritionist, plus it helps me make healthier choices.

Ive already made changes to my diet with cutting out a lot of things and replacing what I can with low fat low cal foods and switched whole grains. Im not trying to lose weight, but i do want to keep what i eat healthy so it is not affecting my baby. Im also exercising-30 minutes of light walking, tho its getting harder to do and Im more waddle than walk lol :)
  • sunnyskys2013
    sunnyskys2013 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am 23 week pregnant this is my sixth. I started out bigger then i did with any of my others. So i track everything i eat. I mostly watch my carbs and sugar. I eat high protein and fat so i'm not starving all the time. I eat healthy fats like avocados, nuts, meats and cheese. I have lost 14 # and my Doc is fine with it and said he will let me know if he thinks i am losing to much.
  • MrsPxxxxx
    Options
    Hi there, I am 19 weeks. I am trying to maintain my weight and keeping as much bread etc out of my diet and focusing on getting my carbs from fruit. Feel free to add me xxxx
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hey! I've been on MFP since 2010 (I've changecmycalorie account since then) I'm currently 20w pregnant with baby #2. I use MFP to make sure I'm eating properly and hitting my macros and to log my exercise. I, of course, will continue after the baby is born so feel free to add me, just reference this post in the FR message so I don't decline :)
  • tinytotnot
    tinytotnot Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies

I have come back to MFP after giving birth to twins, now I didn't use it as such when pregnant, but did write down everything I ate as I was boarderline with GD at 24 weeks, and by my second test at 28 weeks had managed to completely turn things around, also managed to keep my BP in check right up until 16 days before having the babies.

Feel free to add me, I am happy to share my diet tricks etc from my pregnancy, I only put 1 stone 3 lbs on during my pregnancy, and was overweight when I started :smile:
  • MrsPeazy
    MrsPeazy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 16 weeks pregnant and am very welcoming of some new friends that maybe have tips or can sympathize and help with the struggle that it is being pregnant and trying to be healthy.
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 weeks pregnant, feel free to add me if you like. :flowerforyou:
  • Fish_Fuzz
    Fish_Fuzz Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm not but I'm pretty sure there are people who have become pregnant from using MFP.
  • staplebug
    staplebug Posts: 189
    Options
    I'm 7 weeks pregnant and think it would be great to have more pregnant friends! Add me!
  • Gabe351
    Gabe351 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'd love to connect with other mommies-to-be. I started using MFP before I was pregnant to help me track calories and healthy eating. I had sufferred from a stomach infection and food sensitivies last year and lost a lot of weight (unhealhty) and started using MFP to help me actually gain weight.

I'm healthy again now and 6.5 months pregnant and really enjoying being pregnant. I'd love to connect with other moms-to-be. It's so exciting, but I struggle with being tired alot and also eating healthily.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,560 Member
    Options
    I just recently found out I'm pregnant and am only 5 weeks. I've been on MFP for about a year and a half.
    I know my doctor wants me to keep logging and keeping track even though I'm no longer tryint to lose so much as keep things in perspective. :laugh:
    Any other moms to be can feel free to add me.
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    There are some pretty awesome groups too!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant