Anyone else on weight watchers?

I haven't been very happy with the results that I have gotten from MFP but, I love the message boards, it's free and you can talk to people about struggles. I'm just wondering if anyone else has done weight watchers? I did it abou 3 years ago and lost 50+ pounds and kept it off for a while until stress and parenthood kicked my *kitten* but, I think I am interested in doing it again.
I have all of the books, a calculator, resources and a few other things for the points plus program. Is anyone interested in me starting a forum for the WW PP program and sharing all of my information, recipes, how to find your points value online and how to do all of that? We could do weekly "meetings", I could share my information... it could be fun. Is anyone else interested in joining the program? I would be happy to help out! We could also somehow track exercise...
I will stop after a certain amount of people joined but, we could have a group of great girls and guys who want to lose the weight using portion control and willpower!? :)

Replies

• maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    WW isn't for me, I would rather use the money for something else. You will get out what you put in, in any healthy program. Your ticker says you have lost 48 pounds, I would be very happy with that.

What aren't you happy with?
  • katobarr
    katobarr Posts: 1 Member
    Why waste your time and money when mfp is such a brilliant set-up? The only advantage I can think of with WW is that you feel a bit of pressure to perform since someone else is going to weigh you, and you're spending money on it.
  • bonkers1224
    bonkers1224 Posts: 80 Member
    I love this program SO MUCH BETTER it's simple:) Save the money.
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    You only joined 2 months ago & already you're making a quick judgement (bad judgement i must add) about MFP!

Give yourself more time. Not sure why you're not happy with MFP, but whatever!

WW(been there done that) Good luck w/WW you're so going to need it! :laugh: :tongue:
  • valey1234
    valey1234 Posts: 29
    I was doing weight watchers in 2010 I love the program have the books and material but having to go to the meetings every week not only gets expensive it can be time consuming too. this program is good as a support program but if it is something that you want to try I say go for it and I will keep checking in on you good luck. valey1234
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    WW and MFP are basically the same thing. one has substituted calories for points. I wouldn't waste the money personally. There is nothing different about MFP and WW except each point is about 50 calories. MFP doesn't speak in points but it's the exact same concept.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    I did Weight Watchers Online for 10 months and liked many things about it, but ultimately didn't stick with the points system. Even if no one takes you up on your offer to run weekly "meetings," you can still follow the WW plan and get the support you need here at MFP. It's a win-win situation. Good luck to you!
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Also, several people have recommended that the OP not waste her money on WW. But that's not what OP is suggesting, right? You already have all the materials. You're just talking about running a free support group here for anyone interested in the WW approach -- not asking anyone to sign up and pay for WW. Unless I'm misreading. Which is possible. It's been a long day. :)
  • PaigeAnderson100
    PaigeAnderson100 Posts: 301 Member
    Also, several people have recommended that the OP not waste her money on WW. But that's not what OP is suggesting, right? You already have all the materials. You're just talking about running a free support group here for anyone interested in the WW approach -- not asking anyone to sign up and pay for WW. Unless I'm misreading. Which is possible. It's been a long day. :)

You're right! :) I never planned to "waste" money on the program... I was going to post all of the information that I have at hoe so that not only me but, other's could do it for free too! I guess a lot of people have different opinions...
    Thank you so much, big brunette!
  • p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 250 Member
    I've done WW, and gave up on it in the end, you get out what you put in in any programme. MFP is free and WW is counting calories, just in point terms, same thing though.
    I'd say give MFP a bit longer and really stick at it and then see how you feel in a few weeks.
    8897 Posts: 4 Member
    i've been on WW in the past and rejoined again last year. So far I've lost 20lbs. Have also been incorporting Dr. Joey Shulman with increased results. All point to eating as healthy as possible, but Dr. J and here point more to clean eating. Until the month is over and my next billing is due, I'll log online with both programs. Then I'll cancel the WW. With more entries on MFP, its quickly becoming evident that the tool is as good or better than what I've been used to with WW. I don't think you can forget the tools from WW. Knowledge will follow you wherever you go. Unfortunately, with online WW, the computer has always counted points for me. I wouldn't have a clue of calculating new foods/menus.