Does it work?

Options
I have heard that if you drink honey and cinnamon a half hour before breakfast and before bed it helps with weight loss. Does it actually work?

Replies

• Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    If at the end of your day you're still within range of your calorie goal, then yes.
  • fIashforward
    fIashforward Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    No.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    If at the end of your day you're still within range of your calorie goal, then yes.

• Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have heard that cinnamon is an appetite suppressant. However, the secret to losing weight is to burn more than you consume.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i think that it may work in the sense that you can be a little fuller before eating, and not eat as much. prolly works the same as if you were to drink a glass or two of water before eating, that way you are a little more full and cant over eat.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Sure made my throat feel nicer when I did that when I was sick! :tongue: Don't think it has any benefit for weight loss. The combo of honey & cinnamon is also delicious on oatmeal. :smile:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    There is no magic potion and there are no tricks...weight loss is straight forward and simple mathematics...consume less than your body burns. Calories are a scientific unit of energy...if you burn more energy than you consume, your body has to go to it's fat stores to make up the difference...ergo, you lose weight.