Kettle ball or arm weights?

Options
Opinions on which works better?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    By arm weights, do you mean dumbbells, or the weights you can strap to your wrists or ankles?

Either way, both dumbbells and kettlebells are "work" well, and are beneficial to a workout routine. They are used differently though, so depending on what sort of workout you have planned, you might want one over the other. Or both.

In my experience, there are a few moves for kettlebells that can be done with a dumbbell, but not sure about using a kettlebell in place of a dumbbell...but that might be because I've got dumbbells and have never tried it. :tongue:

Personally - I have dumbbells and use them weekly, but recently am coming across some workouts in my Nike Training Club app that use kettlebells, so am looking to add one or two to my arsenal of fitness equipment.
  • IIISpartacusIII
    IIISpartacusIII Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Opinions on which works better?

Which works better toward what specific end? It depends on your specific goals but I'd suggest you focus on the frequency, duration and intensity of which ever you choose to exercise with since those will determine the final outcome. Weights are just tools people use to accomplish something so it's not the tool but the way you use it.