• onefitsurvivor
    onefitsurvivor Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Bumperoni!!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Sounds excellent! Thanks for sharing.
    Through trial and error, I have come up with an amazingly filling stuffed pepper that will leave you satisfied and fulfilled.

165 calories and 15 grams of Protein!

I could barely finish one and I was full and satisfied for hours.

TOTAL: Per Serving: 165 calories, 14 carbs,6 fat,15 Protein,54 Sodium,1 Sugar! Makes 8 servings

(Ingredient total cost: $ 13.00 rounded up. Great for those on a budget. $1.62/person)

2 cups prepared brown rice (instant or otherwise)
    1 lb lean ground beef
    1 large tomato
    1/2 cup mushroom (I use baby portabello)
    4 large bell peppers of any color (I use green)
    2 eggs

Preheat oven to 375 (F)
    Cook rice according to package instructions, set aside. Brown 1 pound lean ground beef, seasoned to taste preference. ( I use salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder).
    Drain the ground beef, and mix with the rice in a medium bowl.
    Chop tomato and mushrooms and add to the rice and meat mix.
    Slightly beat eggs and then mix with the stuffing mixture.
    If you like a bold flavor, add more seasoning of your choice at this stage as most of the seasoning will have drained with the grease from the meat.
    Cut peppers in half, lengthwise, removing the membranes and seeds, and then fill the halves with the stuffing mixture.

Place on a cookie sheet or any other baking pan and cover with foil loosely to avoid rice drying up. Check peppers at 30 minutes for tenderness of preference and adjust time accordingly.

There were 2 leftover when I made them the other night, and in the morning, I chopped the peppers, mixed with the filling, warmed it up, and then put into wraps. Was pretty great, and I really wanted to share this here. ;)
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy. I bet you could add a little salsa to the meat mixture for more moisture if needed, and to tweak the spiciness.
  • StrawberryMel
    Options
    Can't wait to try this recipe! Bump
  • shimmygirl411
    shimmygirl411 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    No sauce? Gotta have sauce on my stuffed pepper! I have a similar recipe but I like to use quinoa, ground turkey, veggies, fresh garlic, lots of spices including cayenne to make it spicy. Why do you add the egg? There is really no need for it unless you are trying to boost the protein?
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Could also use ground turkey breast or ground chicken breast...
    20072013 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bhenderson87
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • cindyst1
    cindyst1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bump here too. Sounds delish. Thanks for sharing.
    Cindy
  • Mandy7698
    Mandy7698 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Sounds really good! BUMP
  • skinnygal05
    skinnygal05 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This looks awesome and I'm trying them with quinoa and turkey sausage.
  • rose228822
    rose228822 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Through trial and error, I have come up with an amazingly filling stuffed pepper that will leave you satisfied and fulfilled.

TOTAL: Per Serving: 165 calories, 14 carbs,6 fat,15 Protein,54 Sodium,1 Sugar! Makes 8 servings

(Ingredient total cost: $ 13.00 rounded up. Great for those on a budget. $1.62/person)

1 lb lean ground beef
    1 large tomato
    2 eggs

Preheat oven to 375 (F)
    Cook rice according to package instructions, set aside. Brown 1 pound lean ground beef, seasoned to taste preference. ( I use salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder).
    If you like a bold flavor, add more seasoning of your choice at this stage as most of the seasoning will have drained with the grease from the meat.
    Cut peppers in half, lengthwise, removing the membranes and seeds, and then fill the halves with the stuffing mixture.

Place on a cookie sheet or any other baking pan and cover with foil loosely to avoid rice drying up. Check peppers at 30 minutes for tenderness of preference and adjust time accordingly.

There were 2 leftover when I made them the other night, and in the morning, I chopped the peppers, mixed with the filling, warmed it up, and then put into wraps. Was pretty great, and I really wanted to share this here. ;)

Sounds great! My daughter and I like trying new recipes and I like the fact that there is so much protein...thank you:)
  • walkee
    walkee Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish! Bump for later...thanks!
  • Kassidi21
    Kassidi21 Posts: 267 Member
    Options

1 lb lean ground beef
    1 large tomato
    2 eggs

Preheat oven to 375 (F)

Bumping this for dinner! Oh it sounds so good!
  • eskiadas
    eskiadas Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish! Will have to try these soon :)