Which Protien Powder is the Best?

Options
So I want to find a protien powder so I can make a meal replacement at home. I have always made fruit smoothies but want to get away from all those sugars. I made a fruit smoothie the other day and when I got to the gym I felt terrible..it was really hard to work-out. I crashed from the sugar!

I'm asking for your advice cuz I don't want to spend all that money on a huge thing of protien only to find out it's not good.
Thank you so much! Be Blessed! :smile:

Replies

• hutche
    hutche Posts: 6
    Options
    Whey protein isolate is probably the best bang for buck - check out myprotein.co.uk.... you can buy samples of their product to see if you like the taste. You want something that's low in carbs and gets you a minimum of 30 g protein per serve
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Pinning this to 'My Topics' to follow along. I am interested in this topic too.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I like Jay Robb protein the best.

It is all natural and doesn't have added sugars or artificial sweeteners. It is sweetened with stevia.

It is the BEST!!!
  • July24Lioness
    Options

Hey Zebra -

I am in the St Louis area too!!
  • Harper1984
    Harper1984 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I (personally) have a really hard time with whey....it makes me gag! I bought a huge tub of whey that someone had recommended to me and I couldn't drink any of it without gagging. Its a fun game with my nanny kids....they like to count, I start chugging...and we see how long before I start gagging. They love that game, but I don't! I have tried multiple whey shakes so I know it isn't just the one that I bought....but I feel like I need to finish it since I paid for it (YUCK!).....

I have heard amazing things about Shakeology. I don;t really know what you are looking for in your shake. I have a sample that I am going to test out for lunch today. It is spendy....so I want to know if it is really worth it before I buy it. I know 5 people doing Shakeology right now and they have nothing but good things to say about it.

So I will update later in the day!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options

Hey Zebra -

Hi! Looks like we are on opposite sides of the river.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I like Muscle Milk right now. It's 130 calories, 26 g of protein and 2 g of sugar/serving.
    The beach body products are good (shakeology)
    And BSN Syntha-6 is really good as well.
  • Harper1984
    Harper1984 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I like Muscle Milk right now. It's 130 calories, 26 g of protein and 2 g of sugar/serving.

Oh I forgot about Muscle Milk! I have the chocolate ones already made (not the powder) from Costco....that stuff is pretty good!!

I have been trying to choke down the whey protein stuff for so long that I forgot I had Muscle Milk in the house!
  • SnuggleBunny
    Options
    I use BSN Syntha-6 Strawberry Milkshake, yummy!
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options

Oh I forgot about Muscle Milk! I have the chocolate ones already made (not the powder) from Costco....that stuff is pretty good!!

I have been trying to choke down the whey protein stuff for so long that I forgot I had Muscle Milk in the house!

Costco sells the powder also.... I like the powder better because it's more versatile. I make mine with 1/2c of nf milk to thicken it up a bit and you can add fruit to make it a more filling meal. =)
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I'm using iso sensation 93 - it's got 130 calories and 30g of protein per serving (33g). I like to mix mine with unsweetened almond milk - it's really quite delish!
  • July24Lioness
    Options

Hey Zebra -

Hi! Looks like we are on opposite sides of the river.

I live in Belleville and work in St Louis.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Try to get some samples from the local GNC or whatever ... I can normally eat/drink dairy. But whey protein makes me violently ill for some odd reason (and I've tried more than one).

I'm not saying it would happen to you but samples are a good way to find out how things taste or whatever.

Chocolate goes great with peanut butter and is nice for those occasional cravings. Vanilla is pretty standard but I like to get banana whenever available (it tastes sweeter than vanilla).

I use egg protein which is expensive but I don't have a lot of choices, hehe.