please help! i cant stop bingeing!!

Options
124»

Replies

• tink082292
    Options
    I didn't see a single day in your diary that looked like a binge - but it appears you do not fill it out every day? or you just "quick ad calories" instead of putting the food in...but for the three days I found, your calories were not even what I eat each day and I still lose weight.

Are you really binging or just eating more than 1200 calories a day?

On days I binge, I don't log my calories. Honestly, I'm afraid to log those days. I know if I did it might make me realize just how much I really am eating.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I didn't see a single day in your diary that looked like a binge - but it appears you do not fill it out every day? or you just "quick ad calories" instead of putting the food in...but for the three days I found, your calories were not even what I eat each day and I still lose weight.

Are you really binging or just eating more than 1200 calories a day?

On days I binge, I don't log my calories. Honestly, I'm afraid to log those days. I know if I did it might make me realize just how much I really am eating.

Sometimes the honesty is eye-opening and makes you really face the issue head on. Are you sure you need to eat as low as 1200cals to lose? Have you tried calculating your TDEE and determining how much you can eat for a moderate (0.5-1lb/week) deficit?

It could be that eating only 1200 calories is also a trigger... you're not technically starving but it might be a big enough deficit for you to want to really go all out and binge on whatever you've been eliminating from your diet.
  • kita0610
    kita0610 Posts: 2
    Options
    I agree with this. True binging is an addiction, and it isn't about eating or weight loss at all. Binging and/or purging are things that diet sites can't help people with. OP, you need counseling. I hope you get the help you deserve.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I would say your issue is 90% mental. You are just using food to "escape" from something. I used to binge all the time and ever since reading "Women Food and God" by Geneen Roth I have been feeling better. I still get those binge rush coming on to me, but I am learning to really sit with that feeling and dig deep and ask myself WHY I wanna stuff myself and use food as an escape. What am I not willing to deal with or trying to escape from that I am turning to food to numb myself?