Mini goal achieved with 5K!

Options
FUELERDUDE
FUELERDUDE Posts: 150 Member
My first 5k went great today as a result of hard work, dedication, and great support from MFP freinds as well as family.

When I first started my journey 2 months ago, I used the 5k as the carrot to get me moving. I did a c25k program, I started reading chi-running, as well as doing other research in regards to running. I have learned so much in such a short amount of time, and there is so much more to learn (Pacing, proper form, how to help correct over pronation, proper diet (differences between different diets), how I can break through barriers, and learned how to respect myself a little more.). I thought I was just going to run 3.1 miles, but it has been a turning point in my life in which I am leading a happier and healthier lifestyle. I look forward to my next event at the end of May.

I ran the 5k in 27:18. I placed 51st overall and 4th in my age group. I initially set out to do this in 30:00 minutes and I smashed that goal (I set the bar to somewhere in the 27:00-28:00 range a week or so ago and I met that)! since I am doing my next 5k with my brother-in-law, I may not beat this time until my 3rd event, which I am hoping to tear through the 25:00 mark.

I am ecstatic today.

Replies

• desertcrafty
    desertcrafty Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I am in week 4 of c25k...I also signed up for a 5k to motivate me.
  • for2day
    for2day Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    This is great to hear! You did a great job on setting a goal and achieving it!!! Congratulations to you on your 5K!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!