Insanity - Can I get some advice?

Options
I got the Insanity workout DVDs. I have not been excercising and I'm going to try and follow the nutrition guide it comes with.

For someone in the beginning level, can anyone share their experience and results on this program?

Replies

• dwyler21
    dwyler21 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Just pop it in and do your best, give it all you have everyday.
    As far as nutrition I use the recipes in the guide, but I eat way less calories then it suggests, mostly because i needed to lose about 50, still working on that.
    I think the suggestions for calories on MFP are pretty good so I follow those instead.
    Good luck with Insanity, I have really been enjoying and hating it some days haha
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm in my second month and it's an amazing program. It's intense, but it's not moves you can't do. Just go your own pace don't try to keep the same as on the DVD. You will find that even they take breaks when they need it. Just do it the best you can and keep pushing to do your best. Each day and each week you will find yourself getting stronger and more stamina. Always always watch your form. Shaun T will emphasize this, and if you feel your form is getting poor or sloppy take a break.
    The meal plan is a wonderful guide in which it teaches you the proper nutrition for fuel, and to best support your metabolism. I may not always use the recipes, but I do follow the guidelines.
    In the first 30 days I lost 2" in my waist and bust, 1/2" on my thighs and 1" on my hips. Weight loss 5 pounds, but I gained muscle and leaned out. I'm toner, and my stamina has increased greatly.
    The second month is even more intense, but I find the moves more fun. Even the warmup (which is a workout in itself) is fun.
    I really enjoy this program and love the structure. I do it at 6 am so that it's done and it sets up my day pretty well.
    Good luck, and keep at it. You will definitely notice changes.
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I did two weeks of the 30 day shred from YouTube to get me ready, I hadn't done high impact in a long time. Other than that, I just went for it!
  • Woolified
    Woolified Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just finished my second week earlier today (tomorrow is my break day ) and I'd have to agree with dwyler, just do what you can at your pace, dig deep but don't kill yourself. I also use the calorie guidelines on MFP as opposed to what Insanity says I should eat (2300 calories!!! that is not even a possibility for me.. ) I have been following the nutrition plan including usually making all recipes the same as the book says. I lost 4 lbs in the first week and now I have only lost one this week, but more importantly I feel better, I don't crave crappy food constantly, and it feels like the workouts are getting slightly easier day by day. Feel free and add me as a buddy if you want more support, I wouldn't mind additional support myself! I occasionally pause the video during water break to get extra water, or to wring out my headband... and thats just me being honest. The water breaks don't seem long enough yet lol
  • Rgtjax85
    Rgtjax85 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You may be interested in joining one of the MFP Insanity groups. I am in a Tapout XT group.
  • LillyLove28
    Options
    Hey, don't worry too much about weight loss right now. You will see results as long as you keep working out. Also don't press pause, when you take too long of a break your heart rate gets slow and you won't benefit as much. Keep the dvd going and pick up as soon as you can. The first week I had exercise induced asthma, I had to use my inhaler (I don't need it in a regular basis) and could barely do all the moves. Week 2 there was a amazing improvement, no more inhaler by the end of it! I'm about to star month 2 and I read in many places that this is when the weight really comes off. I see amazing improvement alredy though, my belly isn't gone, but there is some definition I've never seen before, my leg are like rocks and my arms + shoulder are soooooo nice. Loving it!
  • Jackie0127
    Jackie0127 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I am starting this tomorrow after taking the kids to school. How long did you do the fit test? Just once?
  • centarix
    centarix Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I am starting this tomorrow after taking the kids to school. How long did you do the fit test? Just once?

They recommend doing the fit test every other week. It is used to track your progress through the program. You will more than likely do better the 2nd time you do the fitness test. You start with the fit test, and you end the program doing the fitness test one last time :)

Some other advice, do your best on the fit test but don't stress about not being able to complete it. If you can follow it without a drop of sweat then you are already awesome! Best of luck to you!