Newbie to myfitnesspal

Options
I am new to this website, but love it! I have lost 22 lbs. on WW in last 4 months, but continue to look for new ideas and motivation to get to my goal. About another 20 to go! I love the food database. It holds the nutritional values for more foods and restaurants than I have seen on any other website. So cool! Look forward to talking to more of you, "Biggest Losers" in the future.

Replies

• IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Wow, that sounds great. Congrats on your progress so far! I signed up on the website today, and started my diet yesterday, so I have quite a bit to go. Just wanted to give you a hi-five. Keep it up! Best of luck!
  • tkrall
    tkrall Posts: 109
    Options
    Good luck to both of you!! Just a warning, this site become addicting! :happy: I have more success on this site with my weight loss then any other that I have tried before. The help that people give as well as support is amazing. I have lost 15lbs so far in 3 1/2 months. Slowly but surely!! Good luck to the both of you and HAVE FUN with it!:flowerforyou:
  • ChristaS
    ChristaS Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome! I'm a newbie as well joined only 12 days ago to get a kick start, I've lost 35 lbs but that final bit has hung on so I joined this site. since joining I'm down 4 lbs! Good job so far and I hope it helps you with the rest!
  • DarcieC2389
    DarcieC2389 Posts: 146
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words. If I may offer some advice for those just starting...Don't starve yourself or eliminate your favorite foods. I have found I lose more when I am close to my daily calories then not eating enough stalls your metabolism. Also, set smaller goals like 2-5 lbs. It makes it alot less daunting and achieveable. Try to move a little more, even if is 10-15 minutes a couple of times a day. It adds up all the same. Good Luck!