Question about "lbs"?

Options
So this may be a little confusing.

So I noticed that different people have different measurements for lbs and it confuses me. For example, I weight 200 lbs.....and my goal is 130 lbs. But, there are people on this site who seem to weight the same as me but record their weight as 100 lbs or something else.

At first I thought those people were just confused and actually meant kg.....but I noticed this re-occuring on the internet.
I am Canadian so I follow Canadian measurements.
I know the U.K. weighs in stones.
Does the U.S. weigh lbs differently then Canadians?

Replies

• mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Maybe what you were seeing was someone had their ticker as "100 lbs to go" or something, not that they weight one hundred pounds.

To my understanding, canadian lbs = US lbs.
  • frankensteen
    frankensteen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Are you looking at their tickers? You can change the settings on your tickers so that the scale either says what you weigh, or says how much you have left to lose. Perhaps you're looking at people who have 100lbs left to lose?
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I was told that US lbs were different to UK lbs. I didn't find any evidence that this was true yet I do look at pictures of people on here and often think that they don't look as heavy as they say they are. We all carry weight differently though and I certainly don't look as slim as most people who say they're a similar weight to me do :o(
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Height may definitely have a play in that. I am 6'. Someone who is 5'5" and my same weight will have a lower goal weight than I would because of the extra bone, and whatever else there is that makes us tallies weigh more. Hope this helps. :)
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Its probably their tickers and that's how much they have to lose. But we do all carry weight differently and phototrickery is pretty easy to do. A lb = a lb. A kg = 2.2 lbs. A stone = 14 lbs or something like that I think.

And not trying to be an *kitten*, but really how does whatever number they have (real or a lie) affect your goals and weightloss?

Don't worry about it. Focus on you and things will go a lot smoother. <--- spoken from experience.

:flowerforyou:
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Different people hold their weight differently and are different heights. The people you see may well be 100 lbs.
    And yes, Canadian and US lbs are the same.
  • Nidda_C
    Nidda_C Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Its probably their tickers and that's how much they have to lose. But we do all carry weight differently and phototrickery is pretty easy to do. A lb = a lb. A kg = 2.2 lbs. A stone = 14 lbs or something like that I think.

And not trying to be an *kitten*, but really how does whatever number they have (real or a lie) affect your goals and weightloss?

Don't worry about it. Focus on you and things will go a lot smoother. <--- spoken from experience.

:flowerforyou:

It doesn't lol. I was just confused because I was watching this video and was like 'what she only weighed that much!': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BElKuOWjxAs
  • RumpusP
    RumpusP Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm confused, though admittedly I'm having troubles with it playing so I'm not all the way through yet... all I've seen said so far about her weight is that she lost 100lbs, which fits with the change in her body size. Were you thinking it was referring to her *as* 100lbs at some point?
  • Nidda_C
    Nidda_C Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm confused, though admittedly I'm having troubles with it playing so I'm not all the way through yet... all I've seen said so far about her weight is that she lost 100lbs, which fits with the change in her body size. Were you thinking it was referring to her *as* 100lbs at some point?

Yes I think I was multitasking so got confused at some point. I apologize.(--->also to everyone above). Thank you for replying though.
  • RumpusP
    RumpusP Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    :D Happens!