Protien shakes and bars

Who should drink them and when? Thanks for the input:)

Replies

• JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    When to consume your protein bar or shake? Pre-pre workout, pre-workout, intra-workout, post-workout, and post-post-workout. Anytime, is a good time for more protein. (Some people do have a problem with it during workouts, stomach related, bloating, gas, etc. but not all)

Now its just a matter of protein type. Whey, egg, casein, soy, etc. And they, too, have different purposes.
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Who should drink them and when? Thanks for the input:)

Being a vegan/vegetarian sometimes I eat/drink them before going out to eat with the gang, because not all restaurants are vegan/vegetarian friendly, I can always find a salad, but not always a source of protein.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    i have a chocolate protein powder i use in either oatmeal or with coconut milk, just to make sure i get enough protein since i don't eat meat. only on days that i am lower, a serving has 15g so that helps at times.
    i know people also use them pre and post workout, but i just use it to make sure i get enough in for the day.
  • pstansel74
    pstansel74 Posts: 130 Member
    Actually it depends entirely on the type of workout. If you have a long workout a little bit of protein isn't bad ahead of time, but really what you want is carbs. Ideally you would have a 4:1 Carb to Protein snack after you work out. I disagree strongly that any time is a good time for protein ;)