favorite thing at subway?

Options
Please tell me your favorite/healthy thing that you get at Subway.

Replies

• abredbenner
    abredbenner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    6 inch turkey on honey oat - lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, black olives, banana peppers and mustard. Too bad everythign I like is high sodium :(
  • imarlett
    imarlett Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing is a foot long, whole wheat turkey and cheese sandwich with lettuce, tomato and pickles with mustard. I usually save one half for the next day. It's around 290 calories.
  • marriola123
    marriola123 Posts: 11
    Options
    I usually get a turkey with roast beef on honey oat wheat bread toasted with pepper jack cheese no mayo add mustard all the veggies salt n pepper oil n vinegar about 450 calories including the cheese.
  • kawade80
    kawade80 Posts: 44
    Options
    I like the 6 in turkey breast on honey oat with most of the veggies. No cheese and just a little vinegar.
  • philhiro88
    philhiro88 Posts: 5
    Options
    I usually avoid subway, as i find there are much healthier alternatives
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I usually get the 6 inch roasted chicken on whole wheat with provolone toasted with lettuce, tomato, peppers, pickles, banana peppers and one swipe of honey mustard.
  • LilMissAngi
    LilMissAngi Posts: 127
    Options
    6 inch Italian BMT on Italian.

with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and salt and pepper. and a squirt of mayo.
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Please tell me your favorite/healthy thing that you get at Subway.

6 Inch Italian Herbs & Cheese Bread, Turkey, Bacon, Pepper jack Cheese, Lettuce, and Chipotle Southwest Sauce = 485 calories! It is the best ever! I order it every time! Well I order a foot long so I can have left overs for the next day if my husband doesn't eat my left over fist!
  • cullensbrunette
    Options
    veggie sub on wheat bread with sweet onion sauce..YUM!!!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    everything at subway is full of sodium, unless you you eat a veggie salad, no meat, cheese no bread. Subway is healthier than many other fast food joints, but not as healthy as people perceive.

For those that eat BMT, or cold cut sub, take a look at the fat and sodium content, extremely unhealthy, you might as well have a baconator at wendy's

I thought the question asked for favorite healthy option BMT, mayo and salt are not healthy at all.
  • amk44
    amk44 Posts: 159
    Options
    Yup, for me it's usually the veggie subway.
    But I was recently on a long drive and knew there was a subway in one town that I was approaching and I was hungry, but didn't want to use up a lot of calories (especially since there wasn't going to be much chance of "exercising" while driving :happy: ), so I tried the "kiddie size" turkey, toasted... I was surprised how well it hit the spot for me. It's definitely something I will do again instead of stopping at McD, BK, or Hardees, that are also along that same path...
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    I just used the meal builder on their site. Pretty cool.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    everything at subway is full of sodium, unless you you eat a veggie salad, no meat, cheese no bread. Subway is healthier than many other fast food joints, but not as healthy as people perceive.

For those that eat BMT, or cold cut sub, take a look at the fat and sodium content, extremely unhealthy, you might as well have a baconator at wendy's

I thought the question asked for favorite healthy option BMT, mayo and salt are not healthy at all.

I get a salad, with O&V, meat, and a bit of cheese, but then again, I'm not a low fat dieter. And yes, it's salty. But hey, so is nearly every other menu choice at a fast food joint.

I usually just avoid Subway like the plague as most of their menu options are Carbo-load disasters.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    i love the sweet onion chicken sub. sometimes with green peppers
  • drp121274
    drp121274 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have decided that it is my favorite breakfast place now... western on enish miffin with egg white... YUM!

For lunch or dinner, I stick with a chicken breast salad, but avoid the cheese, black olives and dressing --- yes, I have it PLAIN!

However, back before I cared about what I ate, I was 6" Spicy Italian or BLT, chips and cookies... and that is why I am where I am :)
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    6 inch roasted chicken with mustard, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, cucumbers and black olives! Yum
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    The thing that makes it healthy for me is I either pick Mayo OR cheese 1 or the other

6" Grilled Chicken Breast on whole wheat
    Lettuce
    TONS OF OLIVES
    Tons of pickles
    banana peppers
    honeymustard (one of their low fat toppings)

mmmm mouth watering
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    Veggie patty. I don't particularly like just veggies, so I go for this option. It's got less sodium and fat than any of the lunch meat options, but is a little more "ooh a sandwich" than just veggies.

I get it as a six inch on wheat, no cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles and fat free honey mustard.

Subway is a real treat for me though. I don't go a lot anymore. The bread - man it's a lot of bread. The carbs are higher than I can deal with unless I'm getting a kick-a@@ workout that day.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Subway is a treat for me. And, I will only get it on a day I have worked out extra hard and have gotten all - or more - of my water. I always watch my sodium for the rest of the day, too! Along with my bread. :smile:

I get a footlong turkey sub on honey oat bread, no cheese, not toasted, with tomatoes, onions, banana peppers and LOTS of red wine vinegar. Yum!!!! It's around 560 calories and really fills me up.

I used to get salads there a long time ago when they offered spinach instead of lettuce. But, I really don't get anything from iceberg lettuce, so they can keep that. :wink:
  • deanzr2
    deanzr2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had been getting a 6" Sweet Onion Chicken Terriaki on honey oat, lettuce, tomato, olives, cucumber, green peppers, onions and sweet onion sauce. Now I'm getting a 6" oven roasted chicken the same except honey mustard instead of sauce.