Essential/Familial Tremors Anyone?

Options
Am interested in starting a MFP group for people who are dealing with Essential/Familial Tremors, but I have to find at least 3 people before I can create the group. I was just diagnosed w/this yesterday, but was actually relieved it wasn't Parkinson's, which runs in my family as well. The idea behind the group would be to share info that would be helpful for people w/tremors to live life to the fullest, including diet/exercise and what's helped your symptoms.

If you're interested in a group, Let me know if I can add you. Once I have 3 people I can add, I'll just post a comment letting everyone know how they can find the group to join it.

Replies

• FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Anyone? :-)
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I am interested. My paternal grandmother had Parkinson's and my father and one of my sisters and I all have (my father passed away, but had) Essential Tremors.
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I am interested. My paternal grandmother had Parkinson's and my father and one of my sisters and I all have (my father passed away, but had) Essential Tremors.

Thanks ktsmom. Hopefully I'll get 2 more people, & will keep your name in the meantime. If you'd like to add me, to stay in touch in the meantime, feel free. I posted it on some ET Facebook pages, to let people know we were trying to do it.

My mother has & her father had (before he passed) Parkinson's. But Familial (Essential) Tremors run in their family as well. The neurologist who Dxed me said that because of the family history, she thought it'd be wise for me to come in for follow ups to make sure I'm not developing PD symptoms. But at this point she thinks it's likely just ET. She said there's really no difference between Familial & Essential Tremors, except that when they're Familial there's some kind of family history of them.

Thanks for your support.
  • Themuseinme
    Themuseinme Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I will join group unless you gave up. I've just tried to start one for PD.i have both ET and PD tremors and MS.diagnosed a yr ago with PD after a DatScan and MS ,6 mo ago. My nana and her daughter my aunt both had ET. I was hoping that was all I had. I have mostly an ET like tremor but PD tremors also.lucky me