Quinoa Crusted Chicken Fingers - High Protein

Options
adfabus
adfabus Posts: 178 Member
I saw this on http://skinnychef.com and thought I would share. ½ lb. is 363 calories but since a reasonable portion for me is 4-6 ounces, it would range from 182 calories to a little over 200 calories depending on how much is eaten. Even if you ate the whole ½ lb., it is not too much. I plan on trying it this next weekend. If anyone has had this before, please post and let us know what you thought of it. Thanks!!
Also, I wonder if it would work baked instead of fried.

Quinoa Crusted Chicken Fingers

Serves 4 kids or 2 hungry adults
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 2 pounds chicken tender
Serving Size: 1/2 pound chicken fingers
Calories per serving: 363 calories
Fat per serving: 12 g fat (1.8 g saturated)
Ingredients
• 2 pound chicken tenders or skinless boneless breasts, sliced into 3-inch long tenders
• 1/4 teaspoon of salt
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon paprika
• 2 cups cooked red or white quinoa
• 1/2 cup whole wheat or seasoned breadcrumbs
• 2 egg whites
• 2 tablespoons olive oil

Instructions
• Spread out the quinoa on a piece of wax paper or aluminum foil. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the quinoa. With your fingers tips, squeeze the quinoa and breadcrumbs together until the moisture of the quinoa is absorbed Place the egg whites in a shallow bowl. Sprinkle the chicken with salt, garlic powder, pepper, and paprika.
• Place the egg whites in a shallow bowl. Dip the chicken in the egg and then into the quinoa mixture. Place onto a plate. Warm the oil in a large skillet over high heat.
• When the oil is hot, add the chicken and reduce the heat to medium. Cook each side 4-5 minutes, turning once, until the crust begins to brown, and the chicken is not longer translucent. Transfer fingers to a plate and serve immediately.
Nutritional Stats Per Serving (1/2 pound chicken fingers): 363 calories. 31 g protein, 29 g carbohydrates, 12 g fat (1.8 g saturated), 72 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 545 mg sodium.
Weight Watchers® Points Plus: 7

Replies