Ooops....

Options
I was so excited yesterday. I was low on calories for the day, so I got to have a serving of Ben and Jerry's at the end of the day.

But today, I ate the rest of the carton and went waaaay over my allotted calories. Oops.

I'm going to try a fresh approach though. Instead of letting this setback throw me into a spiral of binging and blowing off my diet for a week, I'm going to get right back on track tomorrow morning.

I keep telling myself "It's okay to have a bad day. Pick yourself up and move on." Let's hope I take my own advice.

Replies

• Odiliawine
    Odiliawine Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I hate when that happens, especially when I'm feeling so smug about the whole thing. All you can do is smile and move on. If you can keep your week in your calorie goal you're set! Besides, sometimes you need to jump start your metabolism, right? :wink:
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    One day at a time, one good choice after another :)
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Listen to this song...Sixx AM "Accidents Can Happen"

It is not the end of the world it happens. You are holding yourself accountable and thats all that matters. Like you said tomorrow is a new day. I am proud of you even though you dont know me and YOU GOT THIS!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That's a huge thing to recognize it and not let it totally derail you.
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    yea, I made cookies for the kids' lunch, and I wasn't going to have one, but then I caved
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Good on you for moving on!
  • doodles21224
    doodles21224 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I did the same type of thing today, I had a bacon cheeseburger, and a snow cone, we actually call them snowballs here in Baltimore, with marshmellow creme, and other things I shouldn't have had. But tomorrow is another day and I can start over. I feel as long as I don't do it every day I should be okay and so will you. Start over tomorrow and forget about today.
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    This is why we go out for ice cream. Or better yet, go get a frozen yogurt.
  • munanabanana
    munanabanana Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great attitude to have! Its important not to let mistakes keep us down. I've fudged up my diet plans SEVERAL times, and then just quit because of it. However, I'm learning to just keep going the next day. Each day is a new start. Everything's going to be okay. Shouldn't beat ourselves over little mishaps. (I say "little" because 10 years from now are you really going to still be thinking about overeating on said specific day? Probably not.)

Besides, you enjoyed that ice cream, we shouldn't taint that deliciousness with an aftertaste of guilt.

Good luck tomorrow!! =) Keep up the awesome attitude. You have more than enough support here!

woooooo
  • iquiltoo
    iquiltoo Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Good attitude! I keep saying that - forget yesterday, it's over and done, gotta start over today! I had a bad day on Thursday (yummy but bad!) and have managed to stick to my goals for two days since. Hopefully I can keep that going, but if I don't, I am not going to beat myself up over it.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I cave too :(
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Any days I went over I just made it up the next with diet or exercise. It's going to happen. Happens to almost everyone so don't worry about it and carry on!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Good attitude, OP. And tomorrow the icecream will be gone already :smile:
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    you will be fine! just carry on with the good habits tomorrow.

tip! try not to bring the bad food into your home so you wont eat it. instead of buying the container of ben and jerrys find a single serve ice cream.. or i know ben and jerrys offers like ice cream on a stick!

:)
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: my advice would be not to buy ben & jerry's at all! try buying a ice cream with less fat & sugar if you have a craving for it! i buy bryers carb smart which is lower in fat & sugar free!
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Seems like this is a trigger food for you (Haagan Das Pralines & cream for me!). If you are low on calories i would spend them on something nutritious and not junk, which may trigger you to ruin the whole day. Plus its much better for you.

Also- It works for me to not use food as treats- I put that money away and save for things for my (slimmer) body instead- clothes, make-up, luxurious skincare or bodycare products.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    1os0.jpg
  • fionaeharvey
    Options
    I have moments like that....yesterday I ate 10 strawberry pencils (sweets)....oops! Just keep going! Weightloss is a marathon not a sprint :)
  • steph2606
    steph2606 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a bad day every now and then! Don't worry about it :)

Like you say, tomorrow is a new day! So pick yourself up the next day and start over! :)

You can do it!! :) xxx
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Saw your post about the doctor saying you need to do low carb due to medical conditions, so having Ben and Jerry's in the house probably isn't a good idea, especially if it's a trigger food. You have the right attitude to just move on though. Every day is a new start!

Zara