Exercises While Sitting to Burn Calories?

Options
In May I am going on a road trip with my family. I won't be the one that is driving. But, the drive will take 13 hours to the destination and then another 13 hours back. I am wondering if anyone knows any awesome calorie burning exercises I can do while sitting in the car all day? (And also not disturbing the other passengers)

Thank you ^___^

Replies

• Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Resistance band for your upper arms? Also just squeeze different muscles.
  • Nidda_C
    Nidda_C Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Resistance band for your upper arms? Also just squeeze different muscles.

How do I count the calories burned for that?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Don't count on exercise for your calorie reduction. Your food intake will determine your weight loss. Exercise is for fitness.
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    In order to burn calories like you want, you need to get your heart rate elevated. That's kind of difficult from a sitting, seat-belted position. If there's room, you could do some air punches. Jillian Michaels uses them in 30DS (granted, you're squatting then, not sitting) and said it's a good way to get a little cardio in when you have lower body injuries.

I'd probably just watch the calories eaten that day.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Square your feet to your hips feet pointed forward. Now pretend like you are stepping on your tippy toes. Then put your foot back down keep repeating this toe heal toe heal like you are walking in place without lifting your fee.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Just have your parents drive slow enough for you to run alongside the vehicle..
  • Beautifulsoull
    Options
    Burning calories while sitting down can be done, but for you its going to be hard cause your in a car which means you can't move much. Basically the only thing you'll be able to do is arm workouts and leg work outs for bands.
  • Beautifulsoull
    Options
    Just have your parents drive slow enough for you to run alongside the vehicle..

^^ Love it lol
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Beware of the following "I read somewhere".

I read somewhere that fidgeting can burn an extra 400 calories a day.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Keggels.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Keggels.

This. You kill two birds with one stone hehe