First 5K

Options
I finished my first ever 5K today and had so much fun spending time with some friends and enjoying the beautiful day! While most of my time was spent trying to get my young neice to at least walk a little faster it was fun and the weather couldn't have been better!

First5K.jpg

I came home and registered for another one on May 25th, a Glo Run. I'm so excited! I'm hoping I will be able to do a little more running and improve my time.

Replies

• broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I am doing the glo run in Aug. Cant wait!!!
  • tina323
    tina323 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I completed my first 5k last month and have signed up for one at the end of this month and next! I think it's awesome and because my friends are doing it too, I am even more motivated. Keep up the god work!
  • Rgtjax85
    Rgtjax85 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Congrats! My first 5K started many more races. I hope that you will run with endurance toward your goals and do many more 5K's
  • cinrn68
    cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I was supposed to run my first 5k today as well, but we got snowed out... I'm signing up for another one at the end of this month and it better not freaking well snow again!!
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep it up! Running becomes addicting! :happy:
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you had a fun time!!!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I've only ever done one before about 5 years ago and got way out of shape got my groove back and am doing a couple in May. Thanks so much for posting your story and if you are looking for more newbie runners, add me. I don't really ever plan into getting into longer distance running because my interests lie more in a couple of other sports (hiking, pole fitness and possibly someday ultra walking) but I am looking for supportive running mfp'ers.

Here's to more successful runs! Keep up the great work!
  • ukaggirl
    ukaggirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Congrats! My first 5K started many more races. I hope that you will run with endurance toward your goals and do many more 5K's

I'm already registered for another on on May 25th and hope to be able to do one every month this summer! I can definitely see how it would become addicting. It gives me a goal to work toward whether it be improving my time or increasing my distance. Right now my focus is on running an entire 5k without walking. I don't know if I'll get there in time for the one in May but I'm sure going to try!

Thanks for the encouragement. I would love to hear your stories and any tips and tricks you have!