looking for a creative hobby! need ideas

Options
i'm not a good painter.
i don't know how to knit or crochet.
i don't like cross stitching.
and i'm not really interested in scrap booking.

any other ideas??

Replies

• nornyb
    nornyb Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Learn how to do one of the things you don't know how to.
  • kita0610
    kita0610 Posts: 2
    Options
    You won't be good at anything creative without practice. That's not a good reason not to do it. If you enjoy it, keep at it. On the other hand, if nothing creative calls to you, then why bother? Maybe you need a different kind of hobby.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Dance :D
  • anawhatsme
    anawhatsme Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i'm not really in the mood to learn right now.
    id rather something i can just jump into.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    photography?
    photo shop?
    xbox?
    paint by numbers?
    make you tube videos?
    learn things from you tube videos?
    baking?
    coloring books?
    gardening?
    cafts?
    oragami?
  • rvhorsburgh
    rvhorsburgh Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Gardening is creative, therapeutic, pretty, tasty, fun, outside, and physical. Gardening is my my favorite hobbies. Can be vegetables, herbs, flowers or a beautiful mix of all three. You can do in in one pot, a small yard space, or even a community garden and help others.
  • MichelleZannone
    Options
    Jigsaw puzzle's, jewelry making, bird watching,write poems or short stories, photography. Fimo clay just a few idea's or go to a craft supply or hobby shop and see what classes they are offering and what catches your eye. Good luck..:happy:
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you hate creative hobbies :)
  • MsBobLoblaw
    MsBobLoblaw Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    jewelry making, gardening, sewing, geocaching, fishing, learn a musical instrument, learn a foreign language, take a dance class, genealogy, origami, papermaking, bonsai, photography, antiquing, stamp collecting, bird watching, star gazing . . .
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    LOL:laugh:
  • anawhatsme
    Options
    You won't be good at anything creative without practice. That's not a good reason not to do it. If you enjoy it, keep at it. On the other hand, if nothing creative calls to you, then why bother? Maybe you need a different kind of hobby.

thanks, your message was encouraging.
    i don't know what i enjoy though.
    i would like painting if i didn't get disappointed and discouraged every time i do it.
    some people are so naturally artistic.
    i would love to be that.

i really crave creativity, and i'm a very creative thinker.
    i just seem to suck at actually creating.
  • anawhatsme
    Options
    photography?
    photo shop?
    xbox?
    paint by numbers?
    make you tube videos?
    learn things from you tube videos?
    baking?
    coloring books?
    gardening?
    cafts?
    oragami?

WOW what an awesome list!
    thanks a lot!!
    you have some great ideas there!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    You can always try tatting. There is ONE YouTube video that shows this old way to make lace.
  • anawhatsme
    Options
    Gardening is creative, therapeutic, pretty, tasty, fun, outside, and physical. Gardening is my my favorite hobbies. Can be vegetables, herbs, flowers or a beautiful mix of all three. You can do in in one pot, a small yard space, or even a community garden and help others.

i absolutely love the idea of gardening.
    i hope to learn how to get started this summer.
    but i can't do that when the kids are in bed.
    i wanted something for a night or 2 a week at the end of the day.

thanks though.
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Go to the Goodwill and pick up an old table, bookcase or simple padded chair and refinish/recover it; design, plant and tend a small herb garden with a wide variety of herbs--extend it to veggies too; if you sew, get some fabric and make a querky chef's apron (think french maid or aloha wear); get a book on how to do calligraphy and make some signs or sketchbook with your favorite motivational quotes; get some beads and charms and make jewelry.
  • anawhatsme
    Options

HAHA!
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    i would like painting if i didn't get disappointed and discouraged every time i do it.
    some people are so naturally artistic.
    i would love to be that.

If you're interested in learning to draw, I suggest checking out this website: http://www.drawspace.com/

The easier lessons you can share with your children.
  • anawhatsme
    Options
    Go to the Goodwill and pick up an old table, bookcase or simple padded chair and refinish/recover it; design, plant and tend a small herb garden with a wide variety of herbs--extend it to veggies too; if you sew, get some fabric and make a querky chef's apron (think french maid or aloha wear); get a book on how to do calligraphy and make some signs or sketchbook with your favorite motivational quotes; get some beads and charms and make jewelry.

oh, i think refinishing furniture sounds fun!
    i have thought about it many times over the years.
    but i don't really have a place here where i could do something like that.
    when we get our garage/workshop, that will definitely be a project i'll take on.
    have you ever done that?
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I just started crocheting again after several years...like I just started 2 nights ago. It's so easy. You could learn how!!!

ETA I've made candles in the past. I really enjoyed that. I bought all of the supplies from a website called NaturesGardenCandles.com
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Disc golf.... Anyone can throw a frisbee...