Seeking Calorie exercise balance group

Options
I am generally fit but just fighting the last ten pounds. I made the commitment to diary my calories to see what's happening. I eat well generally but a bit too much obviously. Even on my good days it 's tough to keep kcalories under my 1600 goal. So I am looking for ideas to combat keeping my intake in check. Also I am confused a little with the added bonus calories awarded for exercise. doesn't adding that kind defeat the weight loss attempt?

Replies

• sellychan93
    Options
    The "extra" calories you are allowed to consume after exercising is to ensure that your body is getting enough calories for it's normal functions (more so known as BMR). It's essentially a way to keep your body in balance, telling you that when you burn more calories from exercise, you need a little replenishment to keep things in balance. By no means do you have to eat back what you've worked off (though I do because I just love food too much :P )

I would suggest low caloric density foods, or ones that you know will fill yourself up for longer. Example, don't just have some carrots and cucumber as your snack. Add some beans/hummus/almonds to it to up the satiety of your snack. And drink plenty of water.

Hope this has been somewhat helpful :)
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks for the response. I just want to be careful with those extra calories awarded almost seems like an invitation to eat when I want to create a calorie deficent from the effort.