One hundred push ups challenge

Options
I am starting the 100 push ups challenge. If anyone wants to join me, here is a link to learn all about it.

http://hundredpushups.com

My initial test was not very good. I barely did 5 good push ups so I am starting at level one. Its a great exercise for the whole body though, so I am going to stick with it.

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I did the initial test for the pushups, situps and squats last week. I have to start at the beginning for the pushups and situps because I suck but I get to start at week 3 on the squats because I did 100!!!

I was VERY sore the next day so I didn't continue but I'm over it now so I probably should!
    I'll check in here and let you know how it goes!
  • philhiro88
    philhiro88 Posts: 5
    Options
    I have just downloaded the iphone apps :) will report back to you :)
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Options
    I did 5 regular pushups, I was going to try the "girl" ones with the knees but decided I want to do the real ones. So I'm in :)

can we do this all on the website for free.. or do we have to pay something at some point?
  • Scott_P
    Scott_P Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I signed up also, I just managed 5..... but im going to do it. This should fit in nicely in between my cardio days.
  • BuffyKicksButt
    Options
    I'm in - also going to do the 200 sit-ups challenge with it - that way on days when I don't exercise I can at least fit these in.

http://www.twohundredsitups.com/index.html
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Options
    I'll do the situp one too
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    I did 5 regular pushups, I was going to try the "girl" ones with the knees but decided I want to do the real ones. So I'm in :)

can we do this all on the website for free.. or do we have to pay something at some point?

We don't need to pay anything. You can download the pocket manual here http://hundredpushups.com/hpu_bw_pocket.pdf
    and that will give you your workout schedule day by day.
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Looking at the schedule it looks like you do it three days a week. Is that correct?
  • slimkitty
    Options
    Looking at the schedule it looks like you do it three days a week. Is that correct?

Correct. 3 days a week.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm on week 3 of this challenge and it is going well so far. I am definitely a lot stronger in my pushups. I did 20 on my toes in my initial test. I am not necessarily maxing at a lot more than that right now (about 30), but they are coming a lot easier to me. Doing a lot of pushups without balancing the "pull" muscles can lead to a tight chest and kind of a hunched-over look. One thing that I have been doing is balancing all of the pushups with back exercises (either bent over rows, lat pulldowns or supported pullups). I typically work mine into a circuit where I go back and forth between the two exercises (and sometimes mixing other exercises in for legs and abs). This isn't in line with the timing recommendations in the actual program, but it works well and gives me a great circuit workout.

Best of luck!
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I'm not joining becasue I'm working on a couple other things right now but I just wanted to say thanks for bringing it to my attention. There are so many cool things out there and in a month I will start this challenge as well as the other ones they have listed. I want to do the pullup one too but they don't have anything finished on that one yet...hopefully in a month.
  • slimkitty
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm on week 3 of this challenge and it is going well so far. I am definitely a lot stronger in my pushups. I did 20 on my toes in my initial test. I am not necessarily maxing at a lot more than that right now (about 30), but they are coming a lot easier to me. Doing a lot of pushups without balancing the "pull" muscles can lead to a tight chest and kind of a hunched-over look. One thing that I have been doing is balancing all of the pushups with back exercises (either bent over rows, lat pulldowns or supported pullups). I typically work mine into a circuit where I go back and forth between the two exercises (and sometimes mixing other exercises in for legs and abs). This isn't in line with the timing recommendations in the actual program, but it works well and gives me a great circuit workout.

Best of luck!

This is great information. Thank you for sharing. I kind of always thought of the oush up as the perfect whole body exercise. Every muscle in the body needs to be actively engaged in order to do a proper push up. So it's good to know that we need to pay attention to the back muscles.
  • slimkitty
    Options
    I'm not joining becasue I'm working on a couple other things right now but I just wanted to say thanks for bringing it to my attention. There are so many cool things out there and in a month I will start this challenge as well as the other ones they have listed. I want to do the pullup one too but they don't have anything finished on that one yet...hopefully in a month.

Good luck :)
  • asm2260
    asm2260 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

Best of luck!

OH YEAH,,gotta have a nice back to go with the great arms and chest...summers here...bring on the halter tops "girls" and fellas, tight tank is nice too....
    Good Luck Guys

This is great information. Thank you for sharing. I kind of always thought of the oush up as the perfect whole body exercise. Every muscle in the body needs to be actively engaged in order to do a proper push up. So it's good to know that we need to pay attention to the back muscles.
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of the 100 pushups. pretty easy so far!
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Bump :smile: will have a look later, thanks
  • slimkitty
    Options
    I just completed Day 1 of Week 1. I am getting really excited about this. I have always had very strong legs and could do hundreds of squats without any trouble, but my upper body has always been weak. Well, that is going to change very soon. This challenge is very doable and will get me stronger and fitter:happy:
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I'd love to try this! Just to motivate myself to even do pushups! I'll start Week 1 tomorrow.. I have a feeling I might have to do week 1 twice haha or have a break between initial test and beginning of Week 1
  • slimkitty
    Options
    I did the initial test for the pushups, situps and squats last week. I have to start at the beginning for the pushups and situps because I suck but I get to start at week 3 on the squats because I did 100!!!

I was VERY sore the next day so I didn't continue but I'm over it now so I probably should!
    I'll check in here and let you know how it goes!

I am not going to do the squats challenge. I just started a great kettlebell workout that is a killer for the legs and already incorporates a lot of squats. I don't think I could add any more squats to that. I feel really good about the kettlebells though. It's a lot of fun and I am looking forward to my next workout with them.
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    Bump to read later :smile: