Daily Personal Challenge 03/31/2008

Options
I'm going to give myself a challenge for today and if I decide it helps motivate me I just might do it every day! (Feel free to add yours if you want! I'm kinda stealing this from Lina1131:flowerforyou: )

Today I'm going to do (at least) :
45 minutes on the elliptical no matter what! No excuses!
30 minutes on the stationary bike. (ugh.)

I just get so bored with the elliptical, but weigh-in day is tomorrow and this is my last chance workout baby! and the stationary bike.... does nothing for me. I guess I'll just have to find a way to kick it up a whole lot of notches. (can't wait until these shin splits get good and healed so that I can just get back on the treadmill!) I'd like to take a spinning class one of these days, but my schedule never works out too well with the class times (and I'm kinda scared of it).

I'm not doing any strength tonight, I pulled a whole bunch of muscles this weekend and I'm super sore from all that.

But anyway, send some motivation my way for a super intense workout tonight!

Replies

• ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    Options
    I'm going to give myself a challenge for today and if I decide it helps motivate me I just might do it every day! (Feel free to add yours if you want! I'm kinda stealing this from Lina1131:flowerforyou: )

Today I'm going to do (at least) :
    45 minutes on the elliptical no matter what! No excuses!
    30 minutes on the stationary bike. (ugh.)

I just get so bored with the elliptical, but weigh-in day is tomorrow and this is my last chance workout baby! and the stationary bike.... does nothing for me. I guess I'll just have to find a way to kick it up a whole lot of notches. (can't wait until these shin splits get good and healed so that I can just get back on the treadmill!) I'd like to take a spinning class one of these days, but my schedule never works out too well with the class times (and I'm kinda scared of it).

I'm not doing any strength tonight, I pulled a whole bunch of muscles this weekend and I'm super sore from all that.

But anyway, send some motivation my way for a super intense workout tonight!
  • Clover51
    Clover51 Posts: 37
    Options
    Good luck! I dont really care for stationary bikes...they dont seem to do anything for me. Until recently I didnt like running on a tredmill but now I am up to 20 minutes and it makes me feel accomplished afterwards. Keep it up!
  • 2kidsandadog
    2kidsandadog Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    A good way to kick it up on a stationary bike and get a good work out is this(my trainer makes me do this!):
    start at level 3 or 4
    for every min. for the next five kick it up to the next level
    at the end of five mins drop back down to the origianl starting level
    continue that until you have done the time you want.
    Enjoy:tongue:
  • ToTheLove
    Options
    A good way to kick it up on a stationary bike and get a good work out is this(my trainer makes me do this!):
    start at level 3 or 4
    for every min. for the next five kick it up to the next level
    at the end of five mins drop back down to the origianl starting level
    continue that until you have done the time you want.
    Enjoy:tongue:

Thanks! I'll have to try that tonight!
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    When I am on the bike I work out my arms with weights. Makes me feel like I am doing more!
  • ToTheLove
    Options
    So... we had a huge snow storm yesterday and after work there was just no way I was going back out to drive in that crap. So I did laundry and dishes and ... SHOVELED So... I think I almost made up for my workout I was supposed to do yesterday. Which is now transfered to today. :wink: