artificial sweetener

Options
Six days ago today I gave up splenda. I rarely drank soda diet or otherwise but I used sweetener everyday in coffee and sometimes in tea......I will be real I MISS IT! I will stick with my choice though simply because I feel I will be healthier because I gave it up . :happy:

Replies

• jen_fitnhappy
    jen_fitnhappy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm on my eighth day. This past week I've been headache-y and exhausted... how are you feeling? Hopefully I'll get over it soon. I would use 14 packets of Equal each day for my coffee and oatmeal and drink about a half-gallon of Crystal Light... YIKES! I've switched to minimal sugar in my coffees and drink nothing but water. Despite the differences of opinions about artificial sweeteners I feel I'm doing what's best for ME. Good luck to you!
  • EllenNudi
    Options
    I hear so much, both pro and con, about artifical sweeteners. May I ask why each of you gave it up? I am considering it too, but so far, I am still on the fence about it. I would appreciate your feedback about it. Thanks so much. Hang in there as it sounds like you are both doing great without it!
  • todayis4me
    todayis4me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I feel great actually! I gave it up simply because I am trying to really make healthy choices and watch all my numbers. My sugar each day on my food log is always over. When I looked at each individual food I noticed all produce counts so when trying to figure out what I could adjust well the artificial stuff had to go! Feel free to friend me if you would like...Open diary...I have actually lost 95 pounds total...before and after pics on my profile...after pics are from June 2012
  • jen_fitnhappy
    jen_fitnhappy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I hear so much, both pro and con, about artifical sweeteners. May I ask why each of you gave it up? I am considering it too, but so far, I am still on the fence about it. I would appreciate your feedback about it. Thanks so much. Hang in there as it sounds like you are both doing great without it!

For starters, I gave it up for vanity! My VERY FIT friend looked at my like I had two heads when I told her how much I was using. She explained how the body has a hard time digesting artificial sweeteners, thus slowing down the metabolism. For a very long time I have tried everything and its very hard for me to lose weight. I stopped using them as an 'experiment' to see if that could be my problem. Then I got on the Google and read all the other 'cons' of artificial sweeteners and I'm convinced I made the right decision. Eventually I'd like to eliminate other 'fake' food from my diet. One step at a time.
  • todayis4me
    todayis4me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Jen....of all the bad things I have heard I was never told it affected metabolism! Wow! Looks like it will be a really good move to have given it up! Thanks for that info :)