Amusement Rides and the Fat Girl

Options
I must admit that even though I had a great time yesterday with my husband and son at the Fest in Nuremberg, I felt like a failure to my little boy. He wanted to ride all the rides and every time he had to go with his daddy because I just don't fit into the rides and that I think was the final straw that broke the camels back. I cannot be the fat girl at Six Flags when we return home to the states and my little boy wants to go on all the rides. He always asks Mommy to go with him and it broke my heart to tell him, "Mommy can't go on them" and of course, I didn't tell him the real reason why! I am sick of my life being a series of why I can't do something! I want it to be a life of being able to do everything but having the choice to not do it! I start 30 DS tomorrow along with my daily walks and as my thyroid meds start to work better and better, hopefully I can finally shed this weight and in the process find the healthy girl inside!

Replies

• Yvee1
    Yvee1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hoping you are able to ride with your son soon :smile:
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Yep same thing happened to me. I have a long ways to go before I even get down to the weight I first couldn't fit the rides. But, when I get down to ride size I am going to an amusement park and ride everything I can that day. I don't care if I look silly for my age.
  • monizjm
    monizjm Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I definitely understand how you feel/felt. It is heart breaking. Use that negative feeling to keep you motivated. That's what I have been doing. Granted, my son is only 2 years old, but I'm constantly thinking about WHAT IF's and WHEN THE TIME COMES...

I don't want to ever feel that or hear my son saying kids make fun of him because his mom is FAT. It's things that we should not have to go through, but things we need to prepare for if we don't do anything to help fix the situation. I wish you an abundance of BEST WISHES on your journey to losing weight. Keep your mind clear + your heart and actions pure. Keep up with the 30DS! I never really heard of it, but I think I'll google it after this post. Aloha!
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it, you deserve it, and you have the power to do it -- for yourself especially. If your health is important to you, you give it top priority in your life. You in turn become a healthy example for your kids, teaching them good nutrition and good health that they carry through their lives.
    "There is no try... only do or don't do." -- Yoda
  • amandaj1966
    amandaj1966 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    @sgtlordwife, you have a fantastic reason to want to lose weight, you will do it and be able to go on all the rides with your son.
    Good luck on your weight loss journey.