Hello - new and looking for friends/buddies!

Options
Hi,

I'm a 24 year old university student living in London! I've been trying to lose weight for a few months now and was doing fine, but have started to get a bit sick of it all and finding it hard to stick to….my boyfriend said that its probably because I've got very little support other than him and suggested I joined MFP. Trying to lose weight while being at uni is hard as people around me seem to be able to eat what they like when they like and still stay how they are.

I am looking for friends for a general chat and some support but also if anyone fancies a buddy, maybe more than one, who I can be in regular contact with and check in on each other. I will be on here daily and as I also downloaded the app…I've got no excuses for not logging…Basically I am looking for people who wants and will give some support as I really don't talk to anyone about my weight and trying to lose weight.

Feel free to add me!

Replies

• jnnfrch
    jnnfrch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Heyy,

I was just about to post a "newbie" post when I came across yours

Im 22 and a uni student too (in exeter) and pretty much in the same position as you! Need some support from like minded people trying to lose weight!

Would be up for trying out the weight loss buddy idea if you are!
  • carolynd47
    carolynd47 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hello although i am no 24 like you..im probably old enough to be your mother..i am 49 and since last may i have lost 22 lbs..today i stepped on the scale and see it at gained 5lbs..i do not like that one because i gave all my clothes that were to big.and i said i would not fit back into them..and here we go again..i am in the united states..and honestly have no one to workout with..which is hard i think everyone needs a buddy to do things with..like you i have no one in my corner with the weight loss and exercise thing..yes i exercise some i know i need to do it more..but again when u are doing it alone..u think hey no one is gonna know that i didnt exercise so i just dont..but i do have a goal..i was hoping to be close to it now being almost a yr into it..but i seem to going backwards instead of forward..so if u want an older buddy i am here and if not good luck on your journer:smile:
  • sashd77
    sashd77 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey I would like a buddy!!!
  • Ally8809
    Ally8809 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thank you! Will send you friend requests now! :)
  • hillaryb27
    Options
    I'm 21 a student as well as a full time employee. My fitness goal is to be healthier and lose weight along the way. I'm looking for some fit buddies to encourage me. Feel free to add me!