Are you a "freaky eater"?

Options
I don't consider myself too picky, but when I list out my food prejudices, I'm not so sure....

I am very picky about meat-
chicken- white meat only and only off the bone- in fact, I never eat any type of meat off the bone.
beef- it can't have much fat at all and no gristle- basically prime rib is my worst nightmare.
fish- don't like it whatsoever- I do like shrimp

I adore raw sushi, but don't like cooked fish- WEIRD

I like raisins, but not in any type of baked item like bread or muffins.

I like most vegetables except celery, lima beans, black eyed peas, brussel sprouts, cooked carrots (raw is OK)

I will only eat eggs scrambled or in an omelet- I hate hardboiled eggs or fried eggs

I think I am freaky. How about you? What foods do you hate?

Replies

• 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I love all food even in their different textures and consistencies, bad bad combo coupled with the fact I also love to eat,eat,eat :laugh:
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I have big texture issues with many legumes. I'm cool with peanuts and hummus and sometimes lentils, but any kind of bean is off-putting and I hate peas.

I also try sweet potatoes every few years to see if I've changed. The first bite is pretty darn good, but I can't stomach the rest of it.

Pre-fruited yogurt, other than coconut, lemon, and lime, is gross and wrong. I will add my my own fruit if I want it. I've been that way since I was a child.

I don't eat cereal with milk. I might nibble it dry as a snack, though.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    My BF is a picky eater. Texture is a big thing for him.

Me? I'm a human garbage disposal. I'll eat just about anything as long as it's not alive while I'm eating it.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Meh... it's not that freaky. :) Lots of people have texture issues with food - sounds like what you're dealing with OP.

FWIW - I love fish - raw. I don't like many fish cooked.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I won't touch cottage cheese.... and I'm not a fan of added sugars or salts.... Everything else is fair game... I'm even considering trying antelope and the like.. lol.. there's a restaurant here..
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I don't consider myself too picky, but when I list out my food prejudices, I'm not so sure....

I am very picky about meat-
    chicken- white meat only and only off the bone- in fact, I never eat any type of meat off the bone.
    beef- it can't have much fat at all and no gristle- basically prime rib is my worst nightmare.

just deleted what didn't apply to me... so the meat. Grew up never eating dark meat of chicken or any meat off the bone, so find it strange. I've been better with off the bone when it's good meat, but fatty parts in meat? HELL NO!
  • Brenda4105
    Brenda4105 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    If your a strange eater then I am scared to guess what I might be called... lol
    I hate fish of any kind.
    No beans.
    Can eat it but don't like it - white bread.
    Veggies - I only eat corn, peas, carrots, onion & green peppers if they are cooked in something. Broccoli & cauliflower raw. Potatoes are ok, but prefer baked sweet potatoes.
    Don't like milk (grew up on a farm and we had fresh milk, I have never been able to drink "store milk")
    Not crazy about pasta.
    Salads - I will eat most kinds of lettuce, but don't care for cukes, hate tomatoes
    I like beef, pork, chicken only deboned breast meat.
    See your not so Freaky after all.
  • brigit628
    brigit628 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I hate banana flavored anything, pudding, banana bread, etc. I will eat a regular banana if its not too ripe, almost green. The banana smell makes me gag.
    And I can't do oatmeal.. It's like eating warm vomit....ick
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I eat EVERYTHING.

Except cantoulope and pumpkin seeds (allergic reactions). I wish I could eat them. Also, I won't eat bugs, but I eat oatmeal and bread knowing there's bug pieces in there.

My 10yr old and husb drive me insane. The totally are freaky eaters and hard to please.
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I eat EVERYTHING.

Except cantoulope and pumpkin seeds (allergic reactions). I wish I could eat them. Also, I won't eat bugs, but I eat oatmeal and bread knowing there's bug pieces in there.

My 10yr old and husb drive me insane. The totally are freaky eaters and hard to please.

Not cool to say while I'm eating oatmeal. :-/
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I'm not terribly picky. I do have issues with texture so not fond of some beans, but most I do like. Don't like hummus because of the texture or maybe just don't like the texture of the hummus I have tried. Other than that most things are fair game.
  • Mom4Liz
    Mom4Liz Posts: 55
    Options
    I'm a bit of a picky eater. I'm mostly just very particular about how foods are prepared. It's gotten to the point that its rare for me to actually enjoy a meal out. I know I could have done it better and cheaper myself.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    No.
    I'm not a big fan of tomato sauces or rubust tomato soups (the creamy kind is ok). I also dislike warm tomatoes of any sort. But if someone made me spaghetti dinner, I'd still eat it without telling them that I'm dying inside.
  • grumpy2032
    grumpy2032 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    as long as its not spicy HOT I will eat it ! thats how I was taught . If it was put on our plates we ate it and thanked the Lord we had it so that gave me a love of all kinds of food and a willingness to try new ones.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    I'm not picky but I did spit out what I thought was cookie dough. It was actually raw brains eww
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    You sound very picky, no offence :laugh:

I don't think I've tried a type of meat I don't like, or seafood for that matter.
    I like most dairy, except for blue cheese or anything along those lines.
    I like almost all veggies I've tried except I'm not a fan of artichokes, avocados if not mixed with something, olives, and I like the flavour of mushrooms but the texture is off-putting.
    I like almost all fruits except for grapefruit and green pears.

Don't think I missed anything..
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    cooked carrots are fine, i don't like raw carrots.
    i hate meat and fish.
    water chestnuts gross me out
    mayo is nasty too, although now and then i will have horseradish. i love ranch but i make it without mayo
    i'll eat anything else
    eta: fake banana grosses me out. i can only eat real bananas. and gelatin is nasty too

can you guess i'm a vegetarian? :laugh:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm a foodie...so in that sense, I'm picky...I like quality. But I am adventurous..I'll try just about anything once and there isn't a whole lot out there that I don't like if it's properly prepared.
  • MST13
    MST13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am not that picky, I will eat just about anything! I am not a fan of steak though, and I don't care for chocolate flavored stuff too much (like chocolate ice cream or cake). Oh, and I cannot stand coffee!!! Don't like the smell of it either.
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I don't like most pickled foods. I do like pickled radish, ginger, and home made gently pickled cucumber. I don't like lager (too weak) or IPA (too bitter). Not a fan of wasabi (unless eating sushi) or wasabi flavored snack foods, or horseradish. I didn't use to like peanut butter, but now I like it in small quantities. I Hate okra and pickled fish. I don't like any carbonated beverages, unless it has alcohol in it.