Anyone lost 100+ pounds lifting heavy from the beginning?

Options
Dana31601
Dana31601 Posts: 41 Member
I see tons of people post how they lost a lot of weight following MFP for a few months, THEN switching to TDEE - 20% and lifting heavy.

I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who has lost 100+ lbs by lifting HEAVY from the very beginning of their journey?

If so, please post! I need to be inspired ;)

Replies

• knitbytes
    knitbytes Posts: 114
    Options
    Not yet, I'm afraid, but I have been lifting heavy (for me) from the beginning and have so far lost 33 pounds. It's a start- "only" 67 pounds to go before I hit 100 lost...
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I havent lost 100+ but from my heaviest ive probably lost 70+ so far, 257 was my starting weight when I finally looked on the scale but I'm positive I was higher

All I do is lift heavy, maybe 20-40 min of weekly cardio but thats usually just walking to get the blood flowing or for a warmup/cooldown
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have lost 100+ before but it wasnt through lifting, SO now im 22lbs down in just a month. All done through heavy lifting, very little cardio, and eating quite a bit. Also, I am gettin 250-275g's of protein a day. Be sure to get your protein if you intend on building muscle, as well as eating enough.
  • CCusedtodance
    CCusedtodance Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 100 lbs previously without lifting and ended up with a LOT of loose skin, so this time around (the last time) I have added lifting. I would not call it "heavy" yet, for I am still building my strength but I am doing it. I have seen a great improvement in my bat wings of arms and my thighs that used to have a lot of giggle. The scale isn't going down as fast as I would like; however I know that is because I am adding the muscle and my clothes are showing off my progress. My work pants are getting way to baggy. I would DEFINITELY RECOMMEND lifting while losing.
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    What is considered heavy lifting? I do a squat press with 130lbs....I do squats with 50lbs...I love using weights. I typically do 20-30 minutes of cardio and then about 45-60minutes of some sort of weight training and ab work. I've just started this routine and have lost about 7 lbs this way. I started with cardio, but I started getting worried about loose skin and really started hitting the weights!
  • knitbytes
    knitbytes Posts: 114
    Options
    Basically heavy lifting, as far as I understand it, means that you do high weight/low reps, rather than low weight/high reps. Both methods eventually get you to muscle fatigue (the point where you can't do another rep) but one is faster (and in my opinion way more fun).

I personally have been setting my weights at a level where I can only do 2 or 3 sets of 10 or 12 reps.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!