Does Anyone Do EA Sports Get Active For Wii?

Options
I have the EA Sports Get Active for the Wii and I have done it a few times - has anyone else tried it? How do you log it for exercise? I don't have a HRM, but would like to know how to log it for an estimate. Thanks for the help!

Replies

• nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have the original EA Active for Wii. I use it for the 30 day challenge and it will estimate how many calories you burn and give you the time you do it in. I'm not sure about the single games but I would assume that they would do the same for you.
  • losingnow
    losingnow Posts: 82
    Options
    Hi! By the way great job on your weight loss! I hope i can be there someday! I have the EA sports active personal trainer for the WII. I just started it last week. My program tells me supposibly how many calories I burned during the workout. I have just been using that. I go in under exersize and added WII EA Active. Then everyday I just put in my time as 30 minutes and manually put how many calories it said I burned. I am not sure if this is the way to do it or not. I am curious if anyone else has any other ideas about this!
  • beckybernardo
    beckybernardo Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    HI. i don't have the ea active for wii, but i was considering getting it or the biggest loser for wii. I did get the golds gym cardio, i only used it today and didn't like it a lot, but i'm going to use it anyway. I figure its better then nothing at all. It doesn't keep track of calories or anything.
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    It does give you an estimate of calories burned - so I would just create an exercise and log the calories it tells me I burned. I feel like the estimate is low on the program. I wish I had an HRM so I could know for sure how much I burn.
  • AriesL
    AriesL Posts: 1
    Options
    I have the Wii active more workouts and Luv it. It really helps me burn alot of calories w/ the cardio.The boxing, obstacle course and step class is my favorites. Plus I love that I can mix it up and work out with my husband. We are really competitive. Anyway I just log it in as wii active and manually put in the calories and the minutes. Good luck with your weight loss goals.
  • losingnow
    losingnow Posts: 82
    Options
    AriesL, you said you workout with your husband. Does it count calories for both of you? My husband and I would like to do this but on the WII EA Active I can't figure out how to have it count for both of us. Does it have that option or does the WII active more workouts have that option? Very interested in figuring out how to do this!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my EA Sports Active. I have the original and the More Workouts. I definitely like the 2nd version alot better. I did the 30 Day Challenge in March and April and it was pretty successful. Then I upgraded to the MOre Workouts and now I"m working on the 6 Week Challenge. I'm doing it on medium and then doing one of the premade workouts for another 15-25 minutes. I just record whatever the calorie counter on the game tells me in the exercise log on here. I created a workout for it. Starting tomorrow I think I'm going to do the 20 minute or so 6 Week Challenge workout and then do a 30 Day Shred workout. That'll definitely be a much-needed butt kicking!
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my EA Sports Active. I have the original and the More Workouts. I definitely like the 2nd version alot better. I did the 30 Day Challenge in March and April and it was pretty successful. Then I upgraded to the MOre Workouts and now I"m working on the 6 Week Challenge. I'm doing it on medium and then doing one of the premade workouts for another 15-25 minutes. I just record whatever the calorie counter on the game tells me in the exercise log on here. I created a workout for it. Starting tomorrow I think I'm going to do the 20 minute or so 6 Week Challenge workout and then do a 30 Day Shred workout. That'll definitely be a much-needed butt kicking!

I do the 30 Day Shred too, I'm going to be starting level 3 probably thursday, but I wanted something else to do along with it, I got the EA Sports - Original for my birthday back in september and started the 30 day challenge, but gave up about 6 days in, now I am more fit, am almost 25 lbs lighter, and have a little more time on my hands since my son has turned a year and is a little less needy! I'm hoping to try it again with better results - its nice to know so many of you see results with this program!