diet pills???suggestions/feedback needed.

Options
I know this will probably receive a ton of negative feedback, but oh well. I need to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks before I go on my Vegas vacation. Are there any diet pills out there that anyone can recommend to help speed up my weight loss? I work out daily and try to eat well. So Im not expecting a magic pill, just one that will give me a little more burn for my buck. I bought some green T burn/acai berry pills, but Im not sure how well they will work. They only cost $4...

Replies

• kistjo
    kistjo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i heard jillian michaels has a good line and she has a pretty damn good reputation!
  • babygirl42101bg
    Options
    Some people I know use the Fastin Phenylethylamine but they are expensive! My sister did use the green tea and lost but it took her around 30 days. Good luck!
  • EMMAM2010
    EMMAM2010 Posts: 1
    Options
    green tea eww hows that work? xx
  • AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    i heard jillian michaels has a good line and she has a pretty damn good reputation!

yeah but they also have massive side effects that i experienced when i did her jump start 14 day program...i wouldn't recommend any of her products...I had headaches, stomach pains and severe diarrhea...

honestly, based on experience, i have taken every kind of diet pill out there and none, that's right NONE of them worked, even WITH me eating right AND exercising...dont rely on the mental crutch that diet pills promise of the "FAST weight loss"...in fact, unless they are prescription, the over the counter pills they sell now a days are placebos.

Please be careful...loosing ten pounds in two weeks is NOT healthy!! Please, do yourself a favor and just try to lose as much as you can without forcing yourself to lose the ten in two weeks because the faster you lose weight, the faster it will come RIGHT back on.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Just don't. They are not good for you. So you don't lose 10 pounds before Vegas, big deal. So not worth your health!
  • KristiMMM
    KristiMMM Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I bought Mega-T green tea/acai berry supplement. It only costs $4 and it says its all natural, so hopefully t will be a little better for me then the more expensive stuff. I mean im hoping to lose at least 10 by Vegas, or noticeably tone up, but if I cant im not gonna beat myself up over it. just hoping..
  • running_mom
    running_mom Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. I am down to losing my last 20 lbs. I just want something that can give me that extra edge. I have lost over 40 lbs in all and 36 lbs is from when I started this site a year and a half ago. I know how to eat right and I feel "bad" when I don't work out. I actually look forward to it : )

I just don't like the "jittery" feeling of the pills that I've tried before. I plan on trying the "natural" pills too. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow and seeing what he thinks. Maybe he can prescribe something. I just think that it is taking way too long to lose this weight for what I'm eating and burning! I know it won't happen overnight but come on!!

Anyway, sorry for the little rant.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Just don't. They are not good for you. So you don't lose 10 pounds before Vegas, big deal. So not worth your health!
    Smartest and wisest response on the board I've seen yet. Diet pills may drop some vanity weight but they will do more than that, they can do damage beyond the Vegas trip, is it worth it? Not for me, but if you're looking to lose that much weight that fast, maybe for you you're not worried about damage to your body.

Enjoy your trip and realize eating healthy, good workouts, drinking plenty of water and feeling better about your body will take you much further than using drugs for a temporary weight loss for a vacation. The weight will come right back on and you'll end up needing to take it off the healthy way to actually keep it off for good. Wouldn't it be easier to simply do it that way from the getgo?

Curious to if you already thought you might get 'negative' feedback, then perhaps in your own mind you wonder if this is a good idea to be even thinking of taking any? Not meaning to come down on you, really I'm not but it's so hard to see Ali, diet pills and so many drugs of various types brought up on the boards when those of us that have lost weight the slower healthier way and been able to keep it off. Only to see the diet pill users come back in desperation and looking to lose those same lbs, it's sad it what it is.

Good health to you and have a fabulous trip!:drinker: :happy:
    Becca:flowerforyou:
  • salter3321
    salter3321 Posts: 5
    Options
    The healthiest way and fastest way I lost weight was the old fashion way. I ran 30 minutes in the morning and did another type of cardio 45 minutes at night. This plus Dr. Perricone's anti-inflammatory diet worked great I think I lost about 7 lbs in 2 weeks with my cardio workouts.

He has a very strict diet for two weeks. No coffee or alcohol during this time. But as much green tea and water as you want. 6 mini meals. No sugar, no flour, or any high glycemic fruits. I do not think I ate any grains either. Just good lean protein every two hours with a fruit or veggie. Eat lots of poly and mono fats. Lots of tuna and salmon. EVOO (olive oil) and mushrooms and lots of peppers and good spices. Check the book out of the library. It talks about anti-inflammatory foods. Your skin looks great too.

I agree diet pills will just mess up your metabolism.
  • BuckeyeLuvvvva
    BuckeyeLuvvvva Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I bought Mega-T green tea/acai berry supplement. It only costs $4 and it says its all natural, so hopefully t will be a little better for me then the more expensive stuff. I mean im hoping to lose at least 10 by Vegas, or noticeably tone up, but if I cant im not gonna beat myself up over it. just hoping..

Aaaahhh I'm not trying to get on your case but being natural does NOT make something healthy/better for you etc etc. Not to say that this supplement is bad for you, I have no clue what's in it...the only problem is neither does the anyone else in the general public :frown: Dietary supplements are NOT regulated by the FDA unlike prescription medications and over the counter drugs, therefore the manufacturers/proprietors answer to no one and could crush up some grass from their front yard, pack it into a capsule and swear that it's the magic bullet and no one would ever know the difference. Not to mention so many naturally occurring substances are incredibly dangerous and harmful to your health... scary!

I'm currently a pharmacy student and we hear this kind of stuff a lot (about natural equating to safe). I'm not trying to preach I just want to look out for your health and safety, so please just be very careful :smile:
  • KristiMMM
    KristiMMM Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks (: I was wondering what foods Id have to eat (or not eat) to get rid of the fat fast(er).
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Thanks (: I was wondering what foods Id have to eat (or not eat) to get rid of the fat fast(er).
    Well after rereading your original post with it being your last 11lbs to go, it's very very unlikely a person would drop that in 2 weeks. The last lbs. typically take quite awhile to drop for most ppl.

I don't know that you need to eat anything special. Just typical healthy meals, 5-6 small meals a day to keep your metabolism reved up, plenty of water, cardio, weight lifting, getting enough cals in. Definitely don't skimp on calories or you body is more likely to hang onto the lbs thinking it's not going to be fed.

If you're eating healthy now just keep up with that and perhaps bump up the exercise and water intake and see where that takes you.:wink:

• saram21
    saram21 Posts: 88
    Options
    I was a program director at an all womens gym/spa up until recently when I found out that I am moving in a week. At our club we sold a product called Atro-phex. I am very skeptical of these things, including mega-t, I have tried so many things that did not work. The GM told me that she had taken this supplement and with diet and excersize she lost about 40lbs in 6 months. So I tried it and it is amazing! I am already on my second box. It is a little bit on the pricey side but for me, its worth it. It doesn't give me the jitters at all but it still give me the energy to really put in a good workout. I have also noticed that days that I do take it, I dont getv as many cravings. Also, while taking it, I am in a better mood. The box does say that it provides mood support. Anyway, it has a mild diuretic so it important to drink a lot of water. I lost 5lbs of excess water the first week but after that things evened out nicely. http://store.bsnonline.net/detail/atrophex.html

Keep in mind, that kind of weight loss is too quick! No one should lose that much so fast!
  • saram21
    saram21 Posts: 88
    Options

yeah but they also have massive side effects that i experienced when i did her jump start 14 day program...i wouldn't recommend any of her products...I had headaches, stomach pains and severe diarrhea...

honestly, based on experience, i have taken every kind of diet pill out there and none, that's right NONE of them worked, even WITH me eating right AND exercising...dont rely on the mental crutch that diet pills promise of the "FAST weight loss"...in fact, unless they are prescription, the over the counter pills they sell now a days are placebos.

Please be careful...loosing ten pounds in two weeks is NOT healthy!! Please, do yourself a favor and just try to lose as much as you can without forcing yourself to lose the ten in two weeks because the faster you lose weight, the faster it will come RIGHT back on.

HAHAHHA Jillian Micheals has great workout dvds but she is actually being sued for her bogus pills! A lady is suing her because her pills didn't work.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/health/2010/02/11/2010-02-11_biggest_loser_trainer_jillian_michaels_sued_over_weight_loss_supplement_pills.html
  • AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    Options

HAHAHHA Jillian Micheals has great workout dvds but she is actually being sued for her bogus pills! A lady is suing her because her pills didn't work.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/health/2010/02/11/2010-02-11_biggest_loser_trainer_jillian_michaels_sued_over_weight_loss_supplement_pills.html

yea i just read that...that case is gonna be dismissed. i was reading the comments from people and i agree with all of them...just another person trying to "get rich quick"
  • lizagill
    lizagill Posts: 8
    Options
    Hello...I know natural weight loss is always good but I want to take help of diet pills/diet supplements..I have ordered the pack of Hoodia diet supplements..but not yet started.. I wanted to know whether it's good or what? Has anyone heard about it? Please tell me about the review of this supplements..
    I'm waiting for your replies..

http://www.pillsguide.net/group/hoodia
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

yea i just read that...that case is gonna be dismissed. i was reading the comments from people and i agree with all of them...just another person trying to "get rich quick"

I was so disappointed in Jillian :cry: :brokenheart:
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    The only supplements I would reccomend are Chromium Piccolinate, Cinnamon and CLA. I doub't it's possible to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks but you can eliminate dairy and gluten containing foods. It might help.

Anyway - enjoy your trip and don't worry about the number on the scale. Look forward to the long term benefits of exercise and healthy eating.
  • mzmoonlight
    mzmoonlight Posts: 160
    Options
    Smartest and wisest response on the board I've seen yet. Diet pills may drop some vanity weight but they will do more than that, they can do damage beyond the Vegas trip, is it worth it? Not for me, but if you're looking to lose that much weight that fast, maybe for you you're not worried about damage to your body.

Enjoy your trip and realize eating healthy, good workouts, drinking plenty of water and feeling better about your body will take you much further than using drugs for a temporary weight loss for a vacation. The weight will come right back on and you'll end up needing to take it off the healthy way to actually keep it off for good. Wouldn't it be easier to simply do it that way from the getgo?

Curious to if you already thought you might get 'negative' feedback, then perhaps in your own mind you wonder if this is a good idea to be even thinking of taking any? Not meaning to come down on you, really I'm not but it's so hard to see Ali, diet pills and so many drugs of various types brought up on the boards when those of us that have lost weight the slower healthier way and been able to keep it off. Only to see the diet pill users come back in desperation and looking to lose those same lbs, it's sad it what it is.

Good health to you and have a fabulous trip!:drinker: :happy:

I dont think diet pills are appropriate to lose the last few pounds but I dont agree they dont have a place in dieting at all. When i was at my heaviest I could barely walk without pain, I was having panic attacks and agoraphobia, I was so out of control, so much self hatred and daily attacks from others on my weight but nothing I did seemed to work. Eventually I went to the doctor in desperation and they put me on Orlislat (high dosage form of Alli). I joined a gym at the same time and started writing down everything I ate and it all clicked into place. The weight started to come off. I started to feel better about myself and became more active and lost the first 40lbs using them. Then I came off them because I was in a place where I was better equipped to manage weight loss on my own and have now lost an additional 42lbs, totalling 82lbs. Those tablets absolutely turned my life around and I dread to think what would have happened to me had I not found support in them. This is why I feel quite defensive about dismissing them completely, they do have a place with the most desperate, morbidly obese people. I think with Alli/Orlislat its kind of different to say amphetamines etc because you do have to still diet and exercise as if you normally would. The tablets taught me to eat low fat and limit my calories, I will be eternally grateful - but I am also grateful that I am now in a position where I dont need to use them any more (I still have another 40lbs to go).
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    First I would like to say judging by your picture you like great and will knock'em dead in Vegas just the way you are. I use the Green Tea pills you are refering to. I have dropped a few extra pounds in the last few weeks but nothing great. Have you thought about going to a vitamin store or GNC and talking with a consultant. My husband gets his supplements from GNC and he is doing well with his weight loss.