Birthday present ideas needed!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Never been to the Boston Aquarium, but little kids, even at that age can enjoy that type of outing. I started taking my daughter to the NY aquarium when she was even younger and there's no substitute for their smile and look of wonder. She is now 5 and totally enjoys the experience and still talks about how she's been going there all her life. lol.
    It's never too early to instill a life long love for animals.
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You could start her a charm bracelet, and add a charm to it each year.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I always get a good little book for the bath and a book that has lots of colour and textures. It helps with children's development if they can start to feel texture differences at that age.

I work closely with children with language delays (I'm a Speech Pathologist), so I'm a strong advocate for sharing books as young as possible.
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids and I second the taking her somewhere idea- you can give a 1 year old a wrapped box and they'll be just as excited about the box as any present.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I am super big on education, the earlier you start them the better. I know they say not to get kids toys that make noise because mother's hate them but mom won't argue with something educational.
    You could do something simple like a toy that has various shapes, and when you press the button it tells you the shape and color, Or the alphabet caterpillars are always fun. There's a wide variety of options here.
  • kaylindeschanel
    kaylindeschanel Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just get her something tangible - opting for an experience at this age would be useless and really a waste of money. She won't remember it at all.

If you give her something like a doll, a blanket, a handmade scrapbook, a book - something that will stay for years and years - that will have more meaning. And you can always say when she's older "this was my gift to you on your 1st birthday."