Boiled Water

Options

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    I do it in the microwave even though it destroys all the nutrients.

Oh. So you're one of those "deathbox users". Well.

OP thanks for this recipe!! I've been looking for one like this.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe, it's a life saver! Every time I've tried to do this I've ended up with a burnt mess, and just couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Pro tip: Add a squeeze of lemon and you can cure cancer.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    That posted recipe violates my new shake patent!

BTW, looking for coaches to spread the word on this new wonder health product...
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    But, if you boil it, doesn't that destroy all the nutrients?

It denatures the water. Makes it less bioavailable. Don't ever boil your water, cause you'll have to drink twice as much. Introduces toxins, too.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    So THAT'S what I've been doing wrong. I've been watching the stupid pot. Why, oh why, has no one informed me of this sooner? Just think of all the lovely pots of water in my family's future. :flowerforyou:
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I don't have any water in the house, can I use scotch, instead?
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I don't have any water in the house, can I use scotch, instead?

If you boil scotch....just no.
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Is it vegetarian???
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Thanks.

I'm definitely trying this...

(...the next time there's a boil order.)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Do I use filtered water from my fridge or the tap?
    What size pan can I use?
    I have company coming, can I serve this at a pot-luck?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    giardia is loaded with protein why would you want to destroy that good source of protein?
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Um...boiled water is intended for use by baby H2O's, not for humans. Humans were never intended to consume boiled water and should avoid it at all costs.
    So much wisdom here. Don't you find it telling that we're the only species to intentionally drink water that's been boiled, AND we have an obesity epidemic? Make the connection, folks. . . .
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    This is a recipe and therefore belongs on Facebook. This is a health and fitness site, not social media. I get SO SICK AND TIRED of you people always trying to turn this into Twitter or Facebook!!

WE ARE ALL HERE TO LOSE WEIGHT! WE ARE ALL HERE FOR THE SAME THING!!! I JUST WANT SOME SUPPORT AND FOR PEOPLE TO TELL HOW GREAT I AM AND HOW AWESOME I AM DOING AND TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS SO I CAN MAKE MY POINT!!!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    This is a recipe and therefore belongs on Facebook. This is a health and fitness site, not social media. I get SO SICK AND TIRED of you people always trying to turn this into Twitter or Facebook!!

WE ARE ALL HERE TO LOSE WEIGHT! WE ARE ALL HERE FOR THE SAME THING!!! I JUST WANT SOME SUPPORT AND FOR PEOPLE TO TELL HOW GREAT I AM AND HOW AWESOME I AM DOING AND TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS SO I CAN MAKE MY POINT!!!

Hey! You need a Snickers!
  • JenniferMary_9169
    Options
    I tried this recipe and suffered second degree burns to the inside of my mouth and esophagus. What am I doing wrong? :angry:

You probably forgot to rinse it first. People who don't rinse their water before drinking it make me sick. That's so gross.

You are right! I didn't know I was supposed to rinse it first. I'm so embarrassed. My mother never served us boiled water when I was growing up.

If you don't rinse the water first, how will you know that it is clean? Cleanses and clean food are the only true way to effectively lose weight :flowerforyou:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    giardia is loaded with protein why would you want to destroy that good source of protein?

They're soooo cute! I want one to keep as a pet.

300px-Giardiastructure.gif
  • ldrosophila
    Options

They're soooo cute! I want one to keep as a pet.

300px-Giardiastructure.gif

BWAHAHA smiley faced giardia! thats classic
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    Humans are the only mammals that boil water.

This is a good point besides hot MMM-AG-MA humans are the only species to boil water. We need to stop eating water now as it's not organic! Did paleo people filled with paleo pride boil water?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Water is inorganic!