Iphone Heart Rate Monitor

Options
Can anyone recommend a good heart rate monitor to pair with my iPhone? I was thinking of getting the FitBit One, but the more I read I feel like it is just a glorified pedometer. Is that accurate? Any insight would be helpful.

Replies

• girlonabikedc
    girlonabikedc Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Do you want an actual heart rate monitor? Or an activity tracker?

I have a the wahoo heart rate monitor which uses Bluetooth to work with my iPhone.
    I also have a Bodymedia Fit Armand to track my activity with my iPhone.

(I'm a bit of a gadget freak. I also have the Withings wireless scale & blood pressure monitor which works with my iPhone).
  • landon065
    landon065 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How is the heart rate monitor? Do you like it? Would you recommend it?
  • Michelle7897
    Michelle7897 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar H7 heart rate strap that I purchased from Amazon for around $67. I use it with the Digifit app, which links with myfitnesspal. I also use a Fitbit One and link it here. It is a perfect combination for me, I highly recommend all of them!
  • eddycaa
    eddycaa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use Digifit. You can get a bundle for a reasonable price: http://www.digifit.com/shop/?#Bundles
    I've been using it for a year and a half and its been great. The app is always getting updated, and it is very accurate. Its nice on bike rides because it tells you which heart rate zone you are switching to and how far you have gone.