feeling a little defeated

Options
So, as of this morning, I've lost 6.4 pounds since April 1. However, I can't really tell the difference in my body except for my lower back. I try my best to go walking everyday (as I HATE the gym). I don't really feel much smaller at all.. I started my first week with crazy intake of water and chicken breast with veggies for at least one meal a day. Feeling kind of bummed because I was hoping that I'd be able to feel somewhat different.

Also, feel free to check out my diary.. The last few days have been not that great, but I feel like I'm eating pretty good? =\

Replies

• pinksparklefairy
    pinksparklefairy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You are doing better than me - I started dieting on April 1 too and have lost a grant total of 1 kg! :(

I think you should change up the exercise a bit. There are plenty of amazing things to try, like horse riding, swimming, cycling, rollerblading etc. to work different muscle groups.

It will take more than two weeks for your body to change shape - wait until the end of the month for real results.

If you like walking go somewhere like Dartmoor for some major weekend hikes (large backpack). Beautiful scenery and I guarantee if you do a few full-day hikes the weight will fall off!

I do Bodycombat, a group fitness class which is good for stress and some dance classes which are quite enjoyable and sociable.
  • Live4theLift
    Options
    Don't get down, everyone loses weight in different places first. I had to lose about 30 lbs before my belly would shrink a little
  • jenndymond
    jenndymond Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    6lbs in 3 weeks! thats perfect. 2lbs a week is ideal. Most people (including myself) would kill for that. Keep it up and make sure to take measurements.
  • ambolling
    ambolling Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I saw a great saying for you....."It takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing, 8 weeks for your friends to notice and 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice. Don't quit!" Give it to may 1st and I bet you notice a difference.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    You lost over 6lbs in 2 weeks, what else do you think is going to happen, you'll be ripped in a month?

People expect miracles!

You're doing very well, be happy.
  • jadams1650
    jadams1650 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Impatience has derailed many people attempting to undertake a new and healthier lifestyle. Your results are fantastic. Keep it up.
  • pktruckdriver
    pktruckdriver Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, ( forgive me I mean nothing by this saying) ,please be thankful for losing and not gaining, time and effort will payoff, it always does, just never give up.

God Bless
  • pinksparklefairy
    pinksparklefairy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Also a word of warning - your weight loss will probably start to slow down now. The key is not to give up when the frustration and boredom kick in!
  • kaseyAnne425
    Options
    You lost over 6lbs in 2 weeks, what else do you think is going to happen, you'll be ripped in a month?

People expect miracles!

You're doing very well, be happy.

lol i absolutely do not expect miracles. I just didn't realize how long it would take to see a change. I am a bit impatient haha.
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    6 lbs in 2 weeks and you think this is bad???

that said, with a quick look at your diary, you are not eating enough, and most of what you eat is processed/packaged/canned.
    you are over your sodium allowances most days, even when you are often under calories.

This combination could stall you in the future.
  • kerrylovesbooks
    kerrylovesbooks Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    First of all, be proud of your weightloss!! Every ounce in the right direction is a success!

Secondly, you should really adjust your diet. Your sodium and fat intake is too high, and your protein is too low. I try to avg about 1g of protein per lb of body weight. It helps me stay fuller longer and build muscle when I weight train. You may not need that much if you aren't lifting weights, but look up a protein calculator online to make sure you're consuming a satisfactory amt for your activity level and weight. Another thing I noticed is although your diary read out does not include fiber, it didn't look like you were getting enough from the types of food you logged. Make sure you eat enough fiber!! Fiber helps flush your system out and keeps your digestion working properly. Aim for one *serving* of veggies for lunch and dinner and a serving of fruit with breakfast. Snack on baby carrots. I promise this will help!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Impatience has derailed many people attempting to undertake a new and healthier lifestyle. Your results are fantastic. Keep it up.

Wise words.
  • kinggrace78
    Options
    Be glad for that 6.4 pounds ;) I've lost a total of 6 pounds since I started tracking my food on here (Feb 14th), although I've lost 9.6 pounds since November and I am going to gym 4-5 times a week. I have been hovering around the same weight for the past 3 WEEKS!!!! It frustrates me when i see other people on here losing weight a lot faster than me, but I can remember when I was so depressed and used to think, man if I could only lose 10 pounds. Basically I have now and I always forget that. I don't know why the weight seems to come off faster for some people than others, but what you are doing is a great start to a healthier you. The weight will come if you keep it up.