What do you eat to boost your calories?

Options
If I eat my typical unhealthy fare I would have no issue hitting my calorie goal at all! I have just restarted after a bit of a slip so am trying to learn as much as I can to make this into a lifestyle change rather than a diet that I will come off at some point.

My problem is that when I eat healthy food I struggle to reach my calorie goal - even when I don't take into account exercise calories.

Right now it is 8.30 in the evening and my calorie total is 905. Not sure what to eat right now but I'm not hungry!

Should I make myself eat when I am not hungry?

That is part of what got me into this fat mess in the first place! I would just eat and eat (generally emotional eating) but I never ever got hungry. Probably didn't give myself chance as I was always eating something!! x

Replies

• johnknappcc
    Options
    1) Organic dark chocolate . . . calorie dense, delicious, and a healthy snack
    2) Nuts (pecans, almonds, etc) . . . calorie dense, good source of fats

I do this all the time, and my food diary is public. Some times I eat almost an entire chocolate bar per night . . .
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Nuts, nuts, nuts. Peanut butter/celery. Avocados. If you eat yogurt or make shakes, try adding some flax meal or something like that to give it a healthy boost and calories without increasing the volume. When I first started all of this, I made the mistake of boycotting all of these foods because they were so high in calories, but it turns out they are all excellent for you.