People use the search button !

Options
2»

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Where have all these angry people on MFP come from. It seems like every day I come on here and someone is complaining about something or another.

People are here for support. Whether you like it or not, everyones' problems are unique to them, because they have never experienced it before, otherwise they wouldn't ask for help. They want an answer which is personal to them, which enables them to overcome it.

Maybe you have been here for too long!
    Why should people even have to Google it? Calm down. If someone asks a question that's already been asked a gazillion times, who cares? Do you have to answer it? No. Do you even have to open it? No. Do you live on MFP or something? Because I honestly can't understand why anyone would be uptight about something like this.

Oh, and when I first joined, I was one of those "noobs" that didn't know there was a search option.
    :drinker: I had no clue how to use it on here either eons ago (though it's come a very long ways since then). Though even now sometimes it takes some time to find something you know you saw at some point but it doesn't seem to come up where you think it would.

I think your post is pretty right on!:flowerforyou:

Because it's true, not everyone lives on here, not everyone whines about having to help others, in fact many enjoy it, perhaps allow others to help if you get frustrated easily. The responses to the questions turn out much more helpful & friendly that way too.:happy:
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Where have all these angry people on MFP come from. It seems like every day I come on here and someone is complaining about something or another.

People are here for support. Whether you like it or not, everyones' problems are unique to them, because they have never experienced it before, otherwise they wouldn't ask for help. They want an answer which is personal to them, which enables them to overcome it.

Maybe you have been here for too long!
    Why should people even have to Google it? Calm down. If someone asks a question that's already been asked a gazillion times, who cares? Do you have to answer it? No. Do you even have to open it? No. Do you live on MFP or something? Because I honestly can't understand why anyone would be uptight about something like this.

Oh, and when I first joined, I was one of those "noobs" that didn't know there was a search option.
    :drinker: I had no clue how to use it on here either eons ago (though it's come a very long ways since then). Though even now sometimes it takes some time to find something you know you saw at some point but it doesn't seem to come up where you think it would.

I think your post is pretty right on!:flowerforyou:

Because it's true, not everyone lives on here, not everyone whines about having to help others, in fact many enjoy it, perhaps allow others to help if you get frustrated easily. The responses to the questions turn out much more helpful & friendly that way too.:happy:

In addition to all of the above, new information comes out all the time. Why bring up an old thread with old discussion when recent research may have new answers?
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I read posts looking for people with similar interests and issues, since I need more support. If I just looked at the old posts, I would miss out on all the new folks here! So go ahead and ask the question again. And those of you who aren't interested, just skip it!
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options

This X 1 million an 1...really
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Nice idea in theory but the search feature here is the worst I have ever seen