Anyone an Impulse Eater?

Options
selbyhutch
selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
I like to classify myself as an impulse eater. I'm not an emotional eater or a binge eater. I will just have an impulse to eat something - take out, whatever and that will be my meal. I think I'm a bit of an overeater too - I grew up on big meals and no snacks. That's another thing... I've never really been a snacker. Oh & I never used to eat breakfast unless it was out to breakfast on the weekend - lol. Lunch was light but probably unhealthy and dinner was big and generally too late!

The interesting thing is that I've always been fairly knowledgeable about nutrition and healthy eating. I just never cared to make the right choices. I've never been good about exercising & I work about 10 hours a day with a computer... which I think attributed a lot to my weight gain.

I like schedules and routines though. These reasons are why it is so important for me to plan meals, cook ahead and also plan exercise routines. I've also learned that I need to have snacks in the house - which is different for me! If I don't, I'll run out for my impulse. I love to cook and my husband would always tease me that there was nothing to eat in the house.... everything was for a recipe.

I've made spreadsheets until I'm blue in the face this last week while I was sick/pneumonia - since I couldn't exercise. I'm still not suppose to exercise this week, but might try a walk or Wii Fit for a bit. I went back to work today & left a few hours early... I was so exhausted.

Anyway, I was just reflecting on the why's & how's. Thanks for listening.

Replies

• selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Ok, I know I said I was just reflecting... but no responses? I'm feeling needy!! LOL
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of an impulse eater too. I see a commercial or think of a certain food and it's like it sticks in my head until I cave in and eat it. It's a hard habit to break!
  • seemego
    seemego Posts: 10
    Options
    i'm for sure an impluse eater. in fact. i do everything on impluse,