Vegetarian Recipes

Options
RieBerg
RieBerg Posts: 261 Member
Does anybody know where I can find vegetarian recipes with pictures and calorie count that makes either 4 or 8 servings. I usually get my recipes from myrecipes.com, but their vegetarian selection seems limited.

Replies

• itsHealthy
    itsHealthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com. Love it!
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    www.about.com, they have a vegetarian section, also you might try allrecipes.com If you like well seasoned food you might try Indian recipes there are many vegetarian options and very tasty I might add.
  • sungjongie
    Options
    allrecipes.com is good!
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    happyherbivore.com/
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    blog.fatfreevegan.com
  • jcs225
    jcs225 Posts: 7
    Options
    I like this site: http://www.veggie101.com/p/recipe-index.html. A lot of it is for people interested in really DIY-ing, as in, making your own seitan. Just a note: it's kind of a recipe aggregator, where the blogger finds recipes all over, then tries herself and discusses the results. There is always a link down the bottom near the Facebook share button and rating system (it can be hard to find if you don't see where to look) to the original, which usually has more pictures and often has calorie/nutrition info.

Also might be a good way to find more sites!
  • RieBerg
    RieBerg Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks everyone!
  • bjb503
    bjb503 Posts: 1
    Options
    I had good luck with the weight watchers online website for vegetarian recipes several years ago. There was and still is a monthly fee to access the full website, however.
  • Running_Peripheral
    Options
    www.ohsheglows.com (one of my favorites)

For a list of more blog winner ones:

http://www.theveganwoman.com/the-vegan-womans-2013-vegan-food-blog-guide/
  • salemat
    salemat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Does anybody know where I can find vegetarian recipes with pictures and calorie count that makes either 4 or 8 servings. I usually get my recipes from myrecipes.com, but their vegetarian selection seems limited.

thanks for asking this question! :O)
    And thanks a lot for the ideas... I know whos gonna try something different tomorrow evening....
  • EMSchell2009
    EMSchell2009 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    There is very little that you can do with meat that you cannot do with beans of various types. I made a fantastic stir fry tonight with black beans for the protein element, While I was marinating my husband's chicken, I also marinated two cups of black beans for myself and my kids. Then I drained them (save the marinade for sauce for the veggies) added a liquid and placed it in a frying pan until all the liquid was gone. Stir fry your veggies and toss with the marinade and some corn starch, and serve over cooked rice. You just have to be inventive. As time goes on you get better at it.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    vegetariantimes.com
  • k8mcminn
    k8mcminn Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I get tons of vegetarian recipes off of Pinterest. I have a seperate boad there since my daughter is a vegetarian. They might not all have nutrition inforamtion but it is a snap to plug the recipe into the recipe tab on the food tracker.