Having some trouble - Help?

Options
It seems like when I'm watching what I eat, I end up eating way too few calories. I don't feel hungry, but sometimes I end up barely netting 1,000 calories and have to find something to add in. If I try to eat more calories, I end up eating too many. It's a hard line to balance.

I'm looking for ideas for calorie rich foods that are also healthy. I want to avoid eating too many simple carbs, and eating minimal amounts of sugar (I get enough sugar from my nondairy coffee creamer each day).

This situation has been frustrating me to the point that a lot of days I end up just saying "eff it" and then eating whatever, which obviously is counter productive.

Any advice? Does anyone have any good recipes for meals, and good ideas for snacks? Should I be trying to plan out my calorie intake ahead of time, so I know I'll land in the area I want? Advice on how to go about this?
Help!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Okay. First.....breathe :laugh:

Just do what you can when you can.

The first thing is to log everything honestly and accurately. Study and learn.

Stick to whole foods - vegetables, fruit, lean protein, dairy, eggs, nuts, olive oil, coconut oil, whole grains.

No one jumps into this and gets it perfect from the start. As a matter of fact, probably no one even tries after the first couple months.

Start planning meals ahead of time and pre-logging them. You'll start to get a sense of what you like, and how it fits into your goals.

There's a learning curve.