Insanity- Need to lose inches!

Options
I'm standing in a wedding on June 01, roughly 48 days. Long story but I just picked up my dress-- doesn't fit and there isn't a way to take it out. I've been exercising every day and eating healthy. I am starting Insanity tomorrow. What are the odds that I will be able to lose 1.5-2" in my chest/ back after 1 round of Insanity? I'm 5'2 and about 120lbs. This is the heaviest I've ever weighed in my life. I'm not so concerned with losing weight as I am with losing inches. Any ideas you can give me would be GREATLY appreciated!!!! Thanks in advance!

Replies

• samanthalee87
    Options
    First of all, great choice in workout program! I'm doing Insanity myself and loving my results! I've got abs I never had before!

Completely realistic goals you're looking at. I'd suggest following the nutrition guide it comes with. Figure out how many calories you should be eating. It gives you a formula to do so. And then eat based on the meals it gives you. It helps with giving you the energy you need to get through the workouts and with weight/inch loss.
  • Kristi1515
    Kristi1515 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just joined because I am also starting insanity tomorrow and was looking for someone to go through the program with. I'm similar to you in height and weight and definitely want to get back into shape. If you would like a "workout partner" message me or if you know of a group that is starting tomorrow can you let me know. I just started searching the site.

Thanks!
  • healthymissfit
    healthymissfit Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is Day 8 of Insanity for me and I love it :)
  • michelle_8106
    michelle_8106 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I agree.....Great choice! I am starting week 4 today and I have lost 20+lbs and 4 inches off my waist. TOTALLY works....and I feel so strong and flexible!
    You can do it!
    Congratulations on getting married!
  • Toddahlie
    Toddahlie Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!!!!

Today I have began my 2nd week and I had been lost 4 lb !!!
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    From everything I have read on message boards, Insanity is great for losing inches, rather than direct pounds.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I agree.....Great choice! I am starting week 4 today and I have lost 20+lbs and 4 inches off my waist. TOTALLY works....and I feel so strong and flexible!
    You can do it!
    Congratulations on getting married!
    im hoping for results like this! Im on day 3 today :smile: