Kind of a stupid question...

Options
I'm not sure what the answer is, so I gotta ask. If you jog, run, and do squats do you gain any muscle? :blushing:

Replies

• lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    The simple answer is yes. You can do the reasearch all over the internet. Good luck to you on your journey!
  • binkyb00
    binkyb00 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Ah okay thank you
  • helendrew
    helendrew Posts: 3
    Options
    Squats will increase muscle - but this is a really good thing especially for weight loss. If you build or work your muscles your body spends calories repairing the muscle - even while you are not training! Cardio does not do this i.e. running etc. Don't get to hung up on weighing yourself for results you are better off measuring your bust, waist and hips weekly and if you are following a good plan you will see results. I weighed 75kg (166 pounds) I'm 175cm (5'9) tall. I have lost 9 pounds in 5 weeks my bust and hips remained almost the same but I lost inches off my waist.... Shame its winter here in Australia!
  • binkyb00
    binkyb00 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yeah I was wondering if maybe I'm gaining muscle because I look at myself at the mirror and I look skinnier, but when I weigh myself I barely lost some lbs.
  • michellejayne
    Options
    measure is more important than weighing, inches can come off faster i have lost 9 inches off my waist and only lost 9 pounds, so thats shows alot! Change up your routine all the time you body cannot get used to the same old thing, run do cardio , strength training mix it up!!!And then it also keeps it fun! Good luck!!!