Panda Express?

Options
I have a Panda Express near my work that I've been wanting to try.. however I have NO clue what options are the healthiest. I want Beef Broccoli with a side of rice, but the nutrition facts are confusing because it doesn't give a serving size. Nor do I know how to order (what is a la carte?) Anyone have any experience here?? HELP!

Replies

• tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    A quick Google search for "panda express nutrition" brings up this handy and colorful PDF:

http://www.pandaexpress.com/files/Nutrition.pdf

The healthier items are marked with a little green circle icon. It lists the serving size right there in the second column, in ounces. I don't know how much they give you in a single order; you'll have to weigh that out yourself. Probably more than one serving, though. I have little experience with Panda Express in particular, but I can usually get 2-3 meals out of a single dinner combo at my local Chinese place.

"A la carte" means ordering your food one item at a time, kind of the opposite of getting a combo meal. A "panda bowl" is their one-entree combo, and includes an entree and a side, so you'd ask for a panda bowl with rice and beef broccoli. The website actually has a really handy tool where you can put together your order and just print the list and bring that in; it looks like it's especially useful when ordering lunch for the office (for instance). It tracks the calorie count for each plate.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Last time I calculated a Panda Express meal, I found their little website nutrition calculator to be very helpful! It was easy to put a meal together, even giving the option to have half chow mien and half steamed or fried rice. They do have some decent choices (stringbean chicken is one of my faves), but gotta watch the sodium in all of them, for sure.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    it's nasty, don't waste your money. Seriously they just reheat frozen food, it's gross. Go to a locally owned chinese place.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    it's nasty, don't waste your money. Seriously they just reheat frozen food, it's gross. Go to a locally owned chinese place.

Yep.