Thinking about getting a food scale...

Options
2»

Replies

• DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I love my food scale.. It scares me to know how much i was off with my food consumption (by too much) when i used measuring cups! I got mine for under $25 at Target or Wal-mart. Its electronic kitchen scale model: 93751 but it doesn't even have the brand on it, lol, i was just looking... Weird.
    it weighs in grams (my preferred method) or ounces/pounds. It also has a tare function. Its compact and stores easily and easy to keep clean as it has a flat glass surface with no crevices.
  • PurplePookie
    PurplePookie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I also got a $20 small digital scale from Walmart. Works great, doesn't take up much space, measures in grams, ounces and lbs. Really easy to use. One of the best investments I've made when it comes to eating and weight loss.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    i got mine at a grocery store. it works just fine for me
  • TesselCat
    TesselCat Posts: 74
    Options
    Putting my vote in for
    http://www.amazon.com/Joseph-TriScale-Compact-Folding-Digital/dp/B0091QO57S/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1365994205&sr=1-1&keywords=triscale

triscale1.jpg
    Don't have one, but I love how they look! And foldable! Totally stashable if you're low on counterspace.
  • richh963
    richh963 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have a Digital nutrition scale which gives you all the info just like a food label, its made by perfect portions, bought it at bed bath & beyond its around $50. Ive had it for a few years still works fine.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I use my moms 1970 little white plastic one. She never even noticed I took it and never uses it. It is the size of maybe a grapefruit and i just put a sandwich bag on it and food on that to weigh it so I dont have to worry about bacteria getting on it or having to clean it every single meal or snack. Looks alot like this one below the one below is under 10 dollars at walmart

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Diet-Scale/14964955
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I didn't spend too much and bought the Biggest Loser kitchen scale at Bed Bath Beyond, with a coupon it was $15. It works great and has the ounces and grams, plus calibrates your container so you only are weighing the food, not the container. It is small, doesn't take up much space. It has been really helpful to understant portion control better, which I thought I did and was wrong. :smile:
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I have a cheap, $5 scale that I got at Target. It works great! I love it and use it daily.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I use mine all the time - I'm amazed at how much my estimates were off.

I bought this one (looks very similar to the one you're looking at).

http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Kitchen-Silver/dp/B001N07KUE/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1365995051&sr=1-1&keywords=digital+food+scale
  • JlenniferL
    JlenniferL Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    We use a escali daily. As well as measuring cups on our veggies, soups, stews ect.... It will keep you on track.