2»

Replies

• iceandfires
    Options
    new clothing helps :)
    trying out a new restaurant in your area
    massage/body pampering services at spas
    hair colouring/styling?
    splurging on something really nice (for me, it was moisturizer and night cream)
    tattoos, piercings, some other form of body mod?

or do what my mom is doing: for every pound lost, put away some money to save for a plane ticket somewhere exciting! 30lbs to go until paris.
  • nicole_andan
    Options
    Rewards jar.....I put 5 bucks for every pound I lose and a quarter for ever 15 mins I workout. So far I am up to over 30 bucks which I happened to decide to spend on decent brand of whey protein that will last me 1 month. Today was my 2 week weigh in so I am stoked cant wait to spend the next 30 or so on maybe workout clothes or shoes :drinker:

I LOVE this idea! I did similar when I stopped smoking and never thought to do the same with weighloss.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I reward myself at every 10 pound interval. When I started it was everything to do with my new lifestyle changes.

High Tech Bathroom Scales
    High Tech Kitchen Scales
    HRM
    Really good walking shoes
    Healthy Cookbooks
    Subscribed to Cooking Light
    Water Weights for my Water Aerobics
    Wii & Exercise DVD's to use with it
    Clothes from an upscale consignment shop as I had run out of clothing (LOL) I had clothes from size 16 to 26W when I started.je

I tried to reward myself with anything but food. Our family has a once a month celebration for family birthdays/holidays/etc. and I use that meal for my cheat (free) meal.

Now I am rewarding myself with luxuries. A massage, good piece of jewelry, real clothes (Macy's loves me), etc.

I'm waiting on the Fitbit flex to be released because I still owe myself my previous 10 pound interval. My ultimate goal weight warrants a cruise next winter!
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I decided on a new charm for my Pandora bracelet for certain "mini goals". My first mini goal was reached last week and I bought my first one. I found ones called "stepping stones" and I thought that was a nice idea for representing my stepping stones to a healthier, leaner me.