Anybody else working out with a heart condition?

Options
I have a rare heart defect and would like to add others who need to limit themselves during exercise. I'd like to share advice about just working out in general with heart problems.

Replies

• pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I found out as an adult that I have a heart murmur. I think it's wild that no other doctor detected this but the one that told me. I got it checked out and found out that my heart is strong. I don't do Insanity but I wouldn't do Insanity even without the heart murmur. I've been doing BeFit in 90, HASfit, etc. I also ride roller coasters at Six Flags. I guess as long as your doctor okays what you can do, you should be ok. My sister has mitral valve prolapse and she works out. Now that I've started back working out by doing cardio and strength training, my heart should get even stronger.
  • vaangoin1
    vaangoin1 Posts: 16
    Options
    I don't think anyone can work with heart pain. Try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlsk0NsecnM for healthy and fit forever.
  • cjransom
    cjransom Posts: 42
    Options
    What kind of Heart Murmur is it? I found out mine can only be controlled by keeping my BP down and losing more weight. I was told to not run a marathon but I should otherwise be okay. I'm 42 and mine doesn't block blood flow the valve opens but doesn't close all the way.

Your doctor is the best person to tell you. That's what mine told me for my condition... don't run a marathon but normal exercise I should be fine.