Looking for lifting routine

Hi All!

I've done a little lifting here and there before but I am looking for a well rounded lifting routine that I could do 3 days/week from home. I currently have 5lb hand weights and then I also have a bowflex adjustable dumbbells that I can interchange for weights (but are cumbersome). Any recommendations on a routine that will target all the major muscles? THANKS!!!!

Replies

• ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Bodybuilding.com has thousands of routines to choose from.
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    I just saw this one mentioned in another thread. It looks great

http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/female-20to39-fat-loss/training
  • leaffan12
    leaffan12 Posts: 52 Member
    Bump
  • candyschmoll
    candyschmoll Posts: 3 Member
    Chalene Extreme workouts from Beachbody are awesome! And you can grow with them as you get stronger. You can check them out at beachbody.com
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Look up New Rules of Lifting for Women on Amazon, it is a great book and has an awesome lifting program in there for women.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Chalene Extreme workouts from Beachbody are awesome! And you can grow with them as you get stronger. You can check them out at beachbody.com

Pretty sure she asked for a lifting routine not a cardio program masquerading as one
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    I'm doing Stronglifts 5x5 and I'm using the bowflex adjustable dumbbells for the time being.

Edit for typo. :grumble:
  • FittingIn
    FittingIn Posts: 162 Member
    I have the Bowflex weights (up to 90 lbs each) and I absolutely love the results from the lifts in P90X. It targets each major muscle group and I get great growth/definition in each area.

PM me if you would like a longer explanation.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member

Pretty sure she asked for a lifting routine not a cardio program masquerading as one

CLX is not a cardio program. There is cardio involved on days you do not lift, but it is a home program where 3 days a week you are lifting as heavy as you can manage doing lifts with dumbbells.

I don't always stand up for TBB, but I don't want people to get the wrong idea about things either. I was using 30+ pound dumbbells doing bench presses, for example, when I was doing this particular program prior to getting a gym membership. We all start somewhere, and not everyone has access to a gym. :flowerforyou:
  • ericaavin
    ericaavin Posts: 26
    Bump, thanks for the links.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    NROLFW, StrongLifts, LiveFit Trainer (Jamie Eason), Starting Strength.
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Stronglifts or Starting Strength is a great place to start
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    bump:)
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    You are your own gym is a bodyweight lifting program. www.marklauren.com
  • candyschmoll
    candyschmoll Posts: 3 Member
    I have competed in 2 natural bodybuilding shows and when I had to give up my gym membership for financial reasons, I searched for the best workout for me at home - and I love this workout. I use 10 to 40 lb dumbells and I work every bit as hard as I did at the gym. I have different goals now but the results I get with this program are exactly what I want for a home workout. I work harder with this workout than with P90X - which I also have. And I get the same muscle exhaustion and soreness.
    Chalene does do cardio workouts - fun and challenging ones - but Chalene Extreme is not one of them. Her coaching on technique is very much the same as my paid personal trainers were when I competed.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    NROLFW, StrongLifts, LiveFit Trainer (Jamie Eason), Starting Strength.

^^ This.

The advantage of these over Chalean or other Beachbody things is $$$$. You don't need to spend a lot for a great program.