What is your Acne Trigger?

Options
I was riding into town with my guy today and noticed that my skin has cleared up considerably in the past week since I decided to finally get serious about this weight loss thing. I was doing my makeup and only had to use concealer in a couple places and a thin layer of my coverup.
Pointed out my clearer skin to the bf and said that it must be because I have basically cut out sweets and grease. He nailed it perfectly when he said, "It must be because you havent been eating chocolate."
Sure enough... I looked through my diaries for the past week, there is still quite a bit of sugar (more fruits :) but I havent had chocolate in about a week. I could have kissed him... Or punched him.. At that point. Not only because he figured out in five minutes what it has taken me 3 years to realize... But also because chocolate is one of my favorite "time of the month" comfort foods and now I cant have it without a pizza face. I know the grease plays a part too.. But not as much since I still have quite a bit of that in my diary too.

So my question to you... What triggers your acne?

Mine:
Chocolate (Darn it all)
Greasy foods
Processed Sugars/foods

Replies

• JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Heavily processed foods
    French fries
    Simply just touching it!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    i still think for most people, food triggering it is a myth. mine are triggered by my family history of very oily skin and hormones.
    i've been eating healthy for a long time. i don't have any adverse reactions to dairy, wheat, sugar.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    My skin breaks out a little when the weather is warmer and more humid, and when I use any cosmetic containing bismuth.

Chocolate doesn't affect it, and I haven't had fried foods for a while so I have no idea if that is a cause.
  • allikat93
    allikat93 Posts: 236
    Options
    i still think for most people, food triggering it is a myth. mine are triggered by my family history of very oily skin and hormones.
    i've been eating healthy for a long time. i don't have any adverse reactions to dairy, wheat, sugar.

I have fairly oily skin..and Im on BC. I really honestly think mine is diet related.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Stress for me
  • bawlzz
    bawlzz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Try lindt dark chocolate 85% ot 90% dark. It has very very little sugar, and you can still get your chocolate fix.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Oranges, shellfish, chocolate, touching my face.
  • allikat93
    allikat93 Posts: 236
    Options
    Try lindt dark chocolate 85% ot 90% dark. It has very very little sugar, and you can still get your chocolate fix.

Nvr thought about dark chocolate. Maybe I can eat that (could be the cocoa making me break out too though.. Dunno)
  • Hollisss
    Hollisss Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Too much acidic fruit, soy.
  • mikoodles
    mikoodles Posts: 139
    Options
    greasy food. the WORST. my skin gets like the surface of the moon.
  • monicarcaro
    Options
    any type of nut/bean/shellfish food. i'm also severly allergic to them now, but prior to when my allergies were at this level - it was horrible acne any time after eating those types of food. a round of accutane helped a little bit, but still having trouble :/ damn girl hormones haha